ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need old ipod firmware can anyone help?!?!

Hi All,

I need to get the old firmware files for version 1.0.3 of the ipod classic firmware. If any of you have got these or have a classic that you've had a while they may be in your pc or mac.

On the mac their in ~Yourname/Library/Itunes/Ipod software updates

Or pc C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates.

Desperate to get hold of this so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Google's not helping me (seems to be a bit old) have checked torrents and newsgroups and not having much luck.

Basically I've bought an ipod lead for my car but it only works with this version of firmware! Helpful but it's a good kit apart from this limitation so I'd like to try and get the firmware if I can.

Thanks in advance

Noel

Cheers for the links, Have tried to restore but says firmware is incompatible. It's a mac formatted ipod and I've tried on a mac and a pc. So frustrating as the connects2 ipod lead I've got for the BMW apparently will only work with this version!!

Any thoughts on it saying it's incompatible? Could they have put something in the later firmwares to stop you restoring back that far?!

Fuzzy orange: If you've got access to the site you posted the links from, do they have all the firmwares? If so if there's not many could you post all/any for the 5g classic? maybe if I step back one version at a time it'll work?!
Cheers
Noel