ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!!!! advice on what to do next.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Bet the OP has done a bit of fronting to get insurance on a 1.6.

Car won't be worth repairing if the roof is dented. Sell the bits you can, get a 1.2 and learn how to drive as you can't have been concentrating on the road properly.

Mini Cooper S sport
nope wasn't speeding, all the country roads are national speed limit. I was going 50 when i saw the turning late and slammed the breaks, was literally doing 20mph when i went to wide and it just went up the bank with 2wheels, when it started going over i just swore and held onto the seatbelt

You managed to roll a car and write it off at 20 miles an hour?

Skillz.

Welcome to Cliosport :)

LY R27
Did the road look like this?

olympic_half_pipe_wr.jpg

this says it all really, and...

....lol yeh, i got my m8 to take the pics so i will have to post them tommorow. There are scratches on the sides but the car wasn't going fast when it tipped so they arn't bad, its the dents that are gunna f%$& me up. How much would yu say i am looking at for a new door and a new bonet to be put on and sprayed? i am guessing alot????????........

does your computer not have a spell checker? ;)

1.6 clio (first car)
Its the roof that is the issue.............

Attachments

• ClioSport.jpg
    ClioSport.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00195.jpg
    DSC00195.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00194.jpg
    DSC00194.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00193.jpg
    DSC00193.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00192.jpg
    DSC00192.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 56
  1.6 clio (first car)
i love the car, will hate to sell it but i think it's beyond repair. Needs to go, hopefully i will get another clio but i work part time and wont be easy

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That is fucked. Completely. Just repairing the roof and windscreen will cost more than the car is worth.

Sell the wheels and buy another car. Just have to put it down to experience.

1.6 clio (first car)
yep, will do m8. will be looking to start selling next week i guess, the wheels will be first and i mite just let the thing go at an auction of somekind. Won't be driving for a few months anyway, just saving up for a 1.2 16v clio. I don't think i will be taking any risks for a good long while after lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm 99% sure you will not be able to put that through an auction.

If You did, It would sell for £200 max. Then you have to pay a £25 entry fee and 1% of the sale value. Just a word of warning.

Audi TTS S Tronic
Probs get a bit for the engine and the gearbox perhaps, so maybe just sell them off, then the exhaust system. Then any body / internal parts in tact, then scrap rest :)

Turbo LY R27
Just buy a better car mate, loved my first car as well, i wrote mine off flipped it on a round about at 70mph 6 years ago. Big learner i can say. In a p reg clio, and i cane out completly unscathed!

You'll appreciate it more when you get another one, you have a bit more understanding of the roads etc. You no what i mean lol!:eek:

Hope your ok anyway.

1.6 clio (first car)
trouble is i wouldn't know how to take the engine out, and i am guessing that a garage would charge a fair wack for that kind of thing

1.6 clio (first car)
jesus mike that musta been scary as hell, yh im looking to get the phase 2 MK2's as they are a big step up internally over mine. That's certainly true il definatly have more respect for the car and the road

Audi TTS S Tronic
With regards to your comment about not being able to take the engine out. Just unbolt a few bits. Because most of the front end is damaged, it doesn't matter what you break to get the engine out :p

Clio 182
dont get how this should even be entertained, its sh*t like this that puts premiums up. ok your not claiming but thousands of other.......'drivers' do.

1.6 clio (first car)
yeh, i have ample storage for the car, so selling it off in parts should be good. Also in the time i am off the road i am not paying for any petrol so i could save up all that i can. My m8s will help me with the tricky areas such as engine and gearbox as they are alot more clued up in those departments than i am anyway. Thanks for some genuine advice rather than the earlier posts

1.6 clio (first car)
i made a bad call, i wasn't speeding at all. How you can moan about premiums is a laff. Try been a first driver in the UK now, it's an absolute joke. The accident was my fault im hardly going to claim especially with what it would hit me insurance wise, it's me that would get hit the hardest. I don't think you can sit there and honestly say you never had a near miss either.........

Clio 182
no i havent, thats why im 21 with 4 years no claims....thanks for asking. like i say dont be such a driving noob in future :approve:

1.6 clio (first car)
there is no curb, its a country lane/turning. so just a grass bank on the side, and the alloys have been checked over, they are fine, which i was very suprised about

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
no i havent, thats why im 21 with 4 years no claims....thanks for asking. like i say dont be such a driving noob in future :approve:

Whats crawled up your ass?? FFS. The guy had a smash, he isn't claiming. What is there to moan about??

Clio 182
you can think what you want. dont get why this should even be entertained. its a drivers forum, not an idiots forum.....i havent had any near misses, thats why i have a 182 and you sir shall be rolling in 1.2

that is all i have to say on this matter, i bid you all a very pleasent eve xxx

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you can think what you want. dont get why this should even be entertained. its a drivers forum, not an idiots forum.....i havent had any near misses, thats why i have a 182 and you sir shall be rolling in 1.2

that is all i have to say on this matter, i bid you all a very pleasent eve xxx

You sir, are a belter.

Status
Not open for further replies.