ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need to find a Carrera beating Clio!

Nissan Jewk

Following on from http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=153793&PagePosition=1this thread, the porka owner has now said hed happily race for slips! Joker! Theres no way id win this, but hes never met me or seen my car, so if i find a done up clio, kick his ass, ill take his porka! LOL!

Hes giving it the large to my old man though, using clio V6s as examples, saying he eats them for breakfast and hed leave them for dust etc....

Titanium 182

lol

was just going to say that

if he really would!

surely that 300 bhp 1.8 t clio would beat it once moving!

Mike, plenty of cars on here will spank a Porka, is this the old Porsche you were talking about? if the race involves corners... sharp ones I reckon you take his challenge... youll have a Porsche at the end of it :D

Nissan Jewk

Whos up for it? race for slips, take his car, sell it and go halves! Thing is, this guy is deadly serious.... was researching clio V6 performace times to see how hed compare!

Yeah this is the G reg Carrera... apparantly its a lovely car according to my old man and the owner is a mad driver! Scottish!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Id tell him to take it to the Pod....Mad Scottish driver, 911 and racing for slips sounds like a recipe for disaster!! lol

Quote: Originally posted by AlexJMills on 14 April 2005

I hope someone stitch this cocky Porka driver up.

I cant imagine anyone risking it though.
hahahaha

..I only see cocky Clio drivers - why do you assume the 911 guy is cocky.

Nissan Jewk

I cant believe this porka driver is so serious! Reckons hes beaten fast fiats too! Sorry, i mean ferraris.... hes one of those people!

RX-8

nailed a black 996 4s on my favorite track recently, bloke didnt have a clue admitedly, gave it the big potatoes down the straight bits but couldnt take the corners for love nor money. admitedly wouldnt have got around him if he could have driven though.

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 14 April 2005

I cant believe this porka driver is so serious! Reckons hes beaten fast fiats too! Sorry, i mean ferraris.... hes one of those people!

lol - it gets better!

I have read similar unbelievable stuff on here...."I wasted an X in my clio the other day"

S2000

hmmm see it depends on driver too. Whos going to have a car thats fast enough and be young enough and is a good enough driver? Or whos going to lend someone their car to thrash round a track with the chance of losing it in more ways than one? lol

Nissan Jewk

** UPDATE**

This guys a nutjob. Hes said hed easily beat any clio and is prepared to put money on it, rather than slips! My odl man conceeded, saying that hed beat my clio, but hed have no chance against my bike... his respone? "Yeah, hed beat me on a straight, id beat him round bends, but id leave him on the motorway..." YEAH OK!