ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

neons/leds/ wiring?

mk2 slow. . .
ok, well i have just got 4x120cm blue led stripes for outside underneath my car, got them for a steal at 13.99 brand new so thought it isn't going to break the bank. They run of a 12v (which im using a cig lighter), can i wire 3 of them as im not going to put a back one on into one cig lighter? or do they all need to be wired into individual ones?

andy

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i would make your own loom for them as you mite be drawing too much current from the little cig lighter . just take a + and - of the battery feed it through were you would put your power cable for your sub and add a switch for it on dash. ( needs to be somewere easy to turn them of as there illegal for road use , if thats were ur gonna be using them ) and then get your cables into the car and attach them to the loom you have just made .

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sell them and pocket the difference,
neons are completely out of fassion,
sooooo 1990's fast and furious stlye

mk2 slow. . .
if you read waht i have rote, they are led strips at 13.99 for 4 im not exactly going to be bothered to sell them on, so just want to put them on to see what there like, my car, and eveyrone has different tastes.

andy

1.2 Clio
Yeh, fair play bro, some people dislike the none norm see! To be legit run a new loom as said already!
Make sure u have a kill switch though!
Best bet if it were me would be get a little relay ~5 amp.
Then run a small +ve to switch then to relay then to gnd. Then switched side of relay run the thicker +ve (8guage really) from hellfrauds think its £3 a meter. Then gnd these again!
If you like you could playa round and wire them into fog light looms and things. Ask if you want to try that and i'll fire some more detailed choices!