ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netgear Router - Help please

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Bought a Netgear WTG624 Router to get rid of all the wires from my AOL BT Voyager 105 modem and everything else before I end up losing the plot. However, I've come to set up the router, so I have it sitting there, nothing plugged into it yet. Current internet setup is I have the USB cable from the modem plugged into the laptop and the modem connected to the phone socket via ethernet (if thats what its called).

When I've come to install the router, its saying I should take out the ethernet connection from the modem to the computer and plug it into the router. The modem doesnt have an ethernet connection to the laptop though, its USB! The only ethernet connection is to the phone socket, and taking that out and plugging it into the router means I lose my internet connection, which the installation needs.

AOL sucks f*cking donkey balls. Big time. Any ideas people?

Monaro VXR
You kind of bought the wrong router for the job. Unless your willing to buy a new modem as well.

The modems AOL supply are cack. You would have been better getting the Netgear DG834G You need a router with an integrated modem really. Plus that router is wireless can pick them up for around £50 - £60 if not less now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I realise that now. I'm going to take it back and go with another ISP to be honest. Just deciding which one now. At 8Mbs max connection in my area.