ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Networking PS3

a burnt one
Hello, im moving house today and my pc, will be downstairs while the ps3 will be upstairs, can someone tell me what i will need to play it online?

No idea what wi-fi and all that jargon is, i have a cable internet connection through virgin media so im guessing i will need a dsl router, what else?

Thanks

Citroen DS3 DSport
You'll need a cable wifi router which will directly connect to the VM modem using the ethernet port.

a burnt one
But i dont have any other free connections on the modem, all ive got is an ethernet cable going from the modem to the pc, no space for anything else.

a burnt one
Cheers very much mate, i had a netgear router beofre with the ps2 but it was an adsl one as i was with aol.

Silly question but does this mean il have a wire from the pc to ps3? how to i connect by wi-fi? do i need to plug something into pc, i dont want a trailing cable

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You can use wifi on the PS3, its already built in so all you need to do is configure the PS3 to connect to the wifi router. Make sure and use WPA/WPA2 so that people cant hop on and steal your bandwidth.

If your cable modem is already plugged into your pc then I don't see what the problem is, plug the cable modem into the router and the router into the pc. You could if you wanted to buy a wireless card for your PC and use the wifi aswell... but if the modem is already next to the pc it would be pointless to do that.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah it's easier to connect the PC to the router via ethernet rather than bother with wifi. The PS3 will connect to your router using wifi with ease.