ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Never buy knock off safety equipment.........

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I'd love to know who in the right mind buys s**t like that in the first place, never mind thinking it's safe

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Sounds like he was doing his best to put a rod through the block or leave the contents of the gearbox on the floor.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Jeeeeez.

I bought Sabelt 6 Point Harnesses for my track Clio. It’s a no brainer isn’t it? Your spine, your neck, your head, your limbs.

Or you could just save yourself £200 but end up in this type of situation...

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I’d hazard a guess that his helmet is made of paper mache and his race suit is flammable too.

oh and his roll cage is plastic tubing.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like he was doing his best to put a rod through the block or leave the contents of the gearbox on the floor.
I assume he lost the brakes and was using the engine to try and slow it down?

unreal that people risk their life by buying knock off safety gear, you would be better saving weight and just not fitting any at all if that's the case!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
A harness that says it's genuine but in fact isn't?

IIRC these were OMP ones from Alibaba, they had FIA tags and stuff in them. Obviously that was all fake too.
ah so it is a harness but its made from poor quality parts that aren't up to standard.

ive no idea as ive not seen it in person, but from the photo of the broken part, it looks like aluminium.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I assume he lost the brakes and was using the engine to try and slow it down?

So maybe those Chinese brake pads and discs weren't a good idea either?

Pfff seen it a couple of times now and it almost hurts me seeing that guy hit the steering wheel..