ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Never rains but it pours...

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Into my bloody footwells! Both sides too.

So I was trying to remove my uch which is a horrible job and made worse by getting wet elbows in my footwells. The scuttle has no bungs in either side so it can surely only be coming in through the middle drain but I cleared that earlier this year.
Has anyone else found other places for rain to get in?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Windscreen not sealed correctly and door seals. My track car is all stripped out and on the passenger side I can see the it's the door seal causing the leak.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Its had a crappy non Renault replacement screen so that's a possibility, I'm going to try sitting in it while someone hoses it down.

Are the missing scuttle drain rubbers a problem?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just been and checked the middle scuttle hose which was clean and dry.
I've had the back up on axle stands while I treated the rusty fuel flap which had slightly holes through into the arch so I'm wondering if while hosing off the Deox gel enough water has got in and run to the front wells

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Checked the scuttle again, nothing but dust and spiders. I'm wondering about door seals except for the fact the carpet is wet both sides high up under the middle of the dash.

Bloody uch is cable tied is where I cant reach

182 clio
Checked the scuttle again, nothing but dust and spiders. I'm wondering about door seals except for the fact the carpet is wet both sides high up under the middle of the dash.

Bloody uch is cable tied is where I cant reach
even my headliner was damp. As previously said all dry now.
mines was running over plastics into car from the door.
if you feel the door rubber at the bottom does it feel wet?

Clio 197,with megan'
For me, it was either drain holes blocked under scuttle, fixed by clearing through with a drain rod, OR, drain holes in door blocked, which I cleared, and also sealed the speaker, as water was running down the inside of the door, and getting by the speaker. This was in my R26R, my 197 has not had these problems so far, but I check quite regularly.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It would appear it was the passenger door seal, looked tonight after all the rain today and water was in the seal inside the car.

How does water get to the driver side considering it's not been driven ?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It would appear it was the passenger door seal, looked tonight after all the rain today and water was in the seal inside the car.

How does water get to the driver side considering it's not been driven ?

Once the water has got in finds its way anywhere! Probably worked it's way from left to right while you have been driving. If soaked there is probably more water in the footwell than you think!!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Once the water has got in finds its way anywhere! Probably worked it's way from left to right while you have been driving. If soaked there is probably more water in the football than you think!!

Your not wrong mate, lifted the carpet in the rear to find a few pints at least.

The door seal looks in good condition so not sure why its leaking. I might adjust the door latch in a few mil see if that gets a seal

182 clio
Your not wrong mate, lifted the carpet in the rear to find a few pints at least.

The door seal looks in good condition so not sure why its leaking. I might adjust the door latch in a few mil see if that gets a seal
It won't be the door seal it will be the door card.
take it off and run a bead of sealant round and check.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Stripped the passenger door down, drains were clear but there was signs of dirty water passing the door card so I cleaned it up and resealed.

I've given the whole car the hose pipe test and no water has come in, the middle scuttle hose hose is clear but water was coming out around the hose as well as through it.

Fingers crossed its sorted, I've got a dehumidifier running in there now and the carpets propped up.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just the interior light to sort, I've got continuity from the light to the green plug under the dash but I cant trace where it goes after that

182 clio
Stripped the passenger door down, drains were clear but there was signs of dirty water passing the door card so I cleaned it up and resealed.

I've given the whole car the hose pipe test and no water has come in, the middle scuttle hose hose is clear but water was coming out around the hose as well as through it.

Fingers crossed its sorted, I've got a dehumidifier running in there now and the carpets propped up.
It sorted mines let us know the results what you think solved it.
for future searches as it seems hardly anyone posts results of fix.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It sorted mines let us know the results what you think solved it.
for future searches as it seems hardly anyone posts results of fix.

Yeah I agree, see my above post. I cant get to the bottom of it

182 clio
is it still coming in?
I could see mines trickle over the door check plastics when a hose was on the passenger side. It was also passenger side mines was coming in tried everything from rear washer hose to all the drains even moved the door rubber round a little.
couldn't believe it when a found it.
I reckon it's the design of these card it's self, cause it goes inside the door so much.
I even stuck sealant round the screw holes then stuck the screw in 😂.
best way to check it's sealed run a hose with the door open and check round the card at the bottom. There should be no signs of water that high up as its above where the door meets the rubber when closed.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
is it still coming in?
I could see mines trickle over the door check plastics when a hose was on the passenger side. It was also passenger side mines was coming in tried everything from rear washer hose to all the drains even moved the door rubber round a little.
couldn't believe it when a found it.
I reckon it's the design of these card it's self, cause it goes inside the door so much.
I even stuck sealant round the screw holes then stuck the screw in 😂.
best way to check it's sealed run a hose with the door open and check round the card at the bottom. There should be no signs of water that high up as its above where the door meets the rubber when closed.

No I was meaning the interior light

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've tried but I cant follow it once it goes behind the dash, be handy to know what pins it is in the plug

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
SOLVED IT!

It was a broken wire just off the uch plug, see photos. Cant believe how long this has taken me to find such an obvious fault.

Attachments

• 20190911_190239.jpg
    20190911_190239.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20190911_190248.jpg
    20190911_190248.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 107