ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Cup

Just to follow on from my intro thread I thought I would post some more pics in the appropriate section!
carafter6.jpg

carafter4.jpg

carafter3.jpg

carafter2.jpg

carafter1.jpg

Was about 4 hours of a cloth, polish and good old fashioned elbow grease! Had a nice little drive this avo as well! Its also now a '172 up' on the nearside b-post lol, regualar car adhesive fix this? Other than that, quite happy, more history than I expected, think I may need the dephaser done though, go that light ticking on idle.

clio cup 172
Looks very tidy, very similar to mine even down to needing the dephaser :( be prepared for approx. £500 as you should change timimg, aux. belts/pulleys the same time.With it being the Cup the job is a little cheaper ie; no air con pump etc; in the way.

197 FF Glacier White
Nice looking Cup, welcome!

Can't help but notice your cup door badges have dropped a bit!

Any plans or is it staying as is?

G

Im deffinately starting to think keep it totally standard and just keep it nice. Is it safe to drive if its the dephaser? Would it be doing damage? Cheers!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The ticking noise is the carbon canister under the drivers side wheel arch most likely. Stick your head down near the front bumper and you should be able to hear it. They sound like a diesel if the dephaser is fubar. Dephasers make a lot of noise when dying.

Cheers guys, appreciate the comments. Carbon canister aye, is that something to replace? Doesnt sound uber diesel-like, just kinda ticking.

Ah right nice, thats reasuring as I thought it was deffinatley the dephaser but thought it was weird as has good service history.