ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 mk2 Member

Clio 172
Hi There, Signing in from Hertfordshire.

Couple Of pics of me getting to know the car the best possible way, shortly after buying it :D.

Soon afterwards I realised I should probably join ClioSport.net for when things start going wrong!

blank1.JPGblank6.jpgblanks3.JPGblank2.jpgblanks4.JPGblank5.jpg

Clio 172
The track day was a good shake down as the left side suspension collapsed a few days later lol. Getting in fixed confirmed that it was slightly dodgey to start with and now it handles like a new car.

I'm not going to go nuts with modifying, I upgraded the front brakes for this track day which turned out to be a great idea as when I took them appart it was fitted with Halfords own brand pads! I also got the Cambelt and tensioners done on it for peace of mind.

I will probably fit stiffer springs to reduce body roll and get powerflex bushes as I find the steering a little indirect. Then i have been eyeing an ECU remap just for some lower end reponsiveness but we shall see!