ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 owner

Hello from Bristol!

Bought a ph2 172 last night, had a cliosport.net sticker on the back so thought have a look!

Have to say, I was impressed by it on the drive back from Derby. After having a few 'sensible' cars recently it was nice to drive something fun again!

I had a Toyota Starlet GT-turbo a few years ago, which I think was a bit more fun sub 60mph, but f*ck me does this clio come into its own after 60mph. Definitely an interesting drive back with my mate in his 323ci!

There's a fair bit of vibration under hard acceleration, apparently because of the polyflex rear engine mount. I actually think its probably because a mount needs replacing, but we'll see! I'll post something in the right forum later.

Looking forward to learning a bit more about clio's here, as to be honest i've not really been a renault fan until I bought this.

NewCar.gif

Last edited:
Yep, apart from a 'sports clutch' and the polyflex mount.

Was a bit of a mission finding a standard one!

We came to the conclusion that they are pretty much evenly matched on the (private) motorway, from a standstill the clio was just about ahead. :)

Caterham 270R
Another local member which is good. Come to the meet at castle combe this saturday mate!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site dude.........

Cheers mate. I'm actually from near Guildford, I'm in my final year at UWE.

Would love to go to castle combe, haven't been for ages, but coursework and dissertation need doing!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Looks good! Hope you're getting the sponge to it soon though! :rasp:

Look like rims from the standard Sport though?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Welcome.

Not sure if its the angle of the pic, but the wheels look small. they are 16s right ?