ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Question

I will be shortly buying one of these cars, just wanted to know what the standard car comes with and what the options are, like do they all come with leather? ect..

Thanks

Lee

BMW M2C

Wish I had a scanner here, Id scan the brochure.

Taken from the 172 Brochure.

Here goes:

ABS with EBD, 4 air bags, Dark grey leather and alcantara interior, drilled auminums pedals; leather/aluminium gear knob, Leather steering wheel, body colour spoiler; 16" alloys; Xenon double optic auto headlamps; auto rain sensitive wipers; 4x40 W multi CD; Climate control; trip computer; shift light and ESP on cars from around September 02 onwards.

I think that covers the interesting stuff. They also come with mats and a luggage net, but some dealers seem to loose these!!

You can get sat nav as an option. If you dont want the luxury items go for a Cup.

Check out the Renault website, you can spec a car up here: http://www.renault.co.uk/RenaultSITe/cars/vn_car_home.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0501928423.1055971378@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadciimedejicfngcfkmdfkjdfmf.0&car=Clio2http://www.renault.co.uk/RenaultSITe/cars/vn_car_home.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0501928423.1055971378@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadciimedejicfngcfkmdfkjdfmf.0&car=Clio2

Lee

BMW M2C

Not at all, I missed out 5 x 3 point seatbelts, 3 rear headrests, rear seat belt pre tensioner; R.A.I.D, CAT 1 alarm and immobiliser; remote central locking, sports body styling, body coloured side mouldings and handles, heat reflective sound insulating windscreen, front fogs, body coloured heated wing mirrors, sports ratio hydraulic PAS, sports suspension, illuminated vanity mirrors, external temperature gauge, pollen filter.

God knows why I felt like typing all that. I guess Im making up for my pointless posts in off topic today. :D

Is EBD traction control?

Ive seen a deal from motorpoint in burnley for a brand new 172 for £11999, would this be a legitimate deal as its quite alot cheaper than a ren dealer? Im just concerned that there might be some catch somewhere along the line.

Thanks

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

No thats ESP (Electronic stability program, great name eh!)
EBD is Electronic Brakeforce Distrobution

Lee

BMW M2C

EBD is electronic brake distribution.

I got mine from Motorpoint of Derby in March. The car will be an import from either Belgium, France or Holland usually. Its a UK spec car in every way. The UK dealers fit the alarms, so you would need to fork out for one. Motorpoint will fit that for you. The car is brand new but you will not be the first person on the log book, that will be the finance company who brought the car over.

Whatever they say to you, dont consider buying a warranty from them, as long as the car came from within the EU, you get one year manufacturer, and 2 years dealer if you apply for it.

One word of advice, buy a car they have in stock, they can take weeks to get the car you want, and often take a lot longer than promised.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. Although I probably wont be able to reply until tomorrow evening as Im off out tomorrow.

If you buy a 172 from Motorpoint is a european import so you only get a 2 Year Warranty (3 Years if you buy from Reno UK) And I think Im right in saying that you dont get the 3 years breakdown cover. Oh and it might be a 2002 spec.

You also need to inform your insurance company that its an import.

If you shop around you should be able to get a 172 from a UK Reno dealer for £13K.....thats what I paid :D

Lee

BMW M2C

It will have a 3 year warranty. You just have to claim it from Renault. It wont have brakedown cover, it will be 2003 spec. I picked mine up on March 5th and its 03 spec. Although they have changed a little again since then, apparently the very recent ones dont have a drivers side door lock. I believe mine rolled off the production line in January according to Renault UK.

Your insurance company wont care that its an import as long as its a UK spec car in right hand drive. Which it will be. I mentioned it to the AA.

They all come off the same production line, and are all really imports, it just depends who brings them into the country.

Thanks for the info Rod, Theres alot more to think about than I thought. There will definately be more questions i need answering so thanks for the offer.

Lee

BMW M2C

I went over buying an import with a fine tooth comb. Its so common these days there is very little to worry about. I see more cars with Motorpoint plates on when driving to work than any of the local dealers!!

The main reasons I got it from there was that the main dealers werent at all helpful, I couldnt even get a test drive so I didnt want to give them my cash. Also when I brought mine in March the dealers werent offering the same sort of discount they are offering now.

Dont expect high quality service from Motorpoint though. Not that its bad in any way, its just enough to get things done. They sell the car, you buy the car and never speak to them again!

There are dozens of people on here who have imports from Motorpoint, Trade Sales or something farm!!

Not all Renault dealers are entirely sure of company policy regarding imports, but most dont care one way or the other. They would be pretty stupid turning away repeat business, servicing etc.

If you search the forums youll find loads of posts on buying an import, the pros and cons.

clio sport mk1 golf

ps join the ta, then you get tax free vehicles, i was gutted, coz im joing the police force, i hd to pull out of the ta, i could have gotten a brand new cup for under £9k. bummer, oh bummer. ill just have to save for a year or so and get myself a v6 instead, well thats my plan!! ;)

Rod isnt quite correct in saying itll be from Europe. There are also cars imported from Cyprus. The problem with these is that its outside Europe and therefore not covered by the pan-European warranty and will only have 1 years cover. Watch also when the car was first registered in the first country as the warranty starts from then, not when it was imported into the UK.

320d M Sport

u missed off the non-optional extra of the 4K exhaust rattle, and dealers who treat you like scum, the bastids

ZZip - youre a very lucky person then. Infact, you dont have a beard, look slightly tanned, have a father called God, and go by the name of Jesus Christ do you????;)

Just thinking - you seem to be in the presense of Miracles!!!!

if you feel like a UK car i had a quote yesterday of 12,500 from new car discounts, just going over the small print of the deal now to check its legit

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 19 June 2003

Rod isnt quite correct in saying itll be from Europe. There are also cars imported from Cyprus. The problem with these is that its outside Europe and therefore not covered by the pan-European warranty and will only have 1 years cover. Watch also when the car was first registered in the first country as the warranty starts from then, not when it was imported into the UK.
Cheers Jeremy, I should have elaborated a little. I meant to say that the cars which Motorpoint sell are from within the EU, but always worth making sure first. Mine came from Holland. I checked where mine came from and when it was registered in its native Country before I got it. I lost a month on the warranty, but saved close to £3k at the time, due to dealers not discounting much back then.

The funny thing is, when I called Renault customer support about warranty, I was told if my car had come from Cyprus Id get 3 years!!! I pointed out they were wrong and they claimed I was wrong!! I called back a few minutes later and got a different operator who knew the correct answer!

I think Cyprus is joining the EA in 2004?