ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new 182 arrived- splitter and tray

I have picked up my new 182 (Titanium and spoiler pack) today. Absolutely stunning and a real thrill to drive. I cant believe there is so much grip. Anyway I digress. I had ordered the spoiler pack. The splitter was left in the back because suposedly the bodyshop mechanic would not fit them. He had said that that they can severely damage the front bumper when going over speed bumps. Anybody heard of such damage ocurring? They did say they would fit it if I wanted it on there. Can I attach it myself.? I see in a previous post that it needs some self tappers which were not provided.

Also is there suposed to be a loose tray under the passenger seat? There seems to be plastic storage area, but this is fixed

I will take it for a proper spin tommorow

Thanks

I never got a tray under my passenger seat.
Just a little compartment thingy.

Alot of people never got their splitter fitted by the dealers, but his excuse seems like balls to me.

I fixed mine on myself. Drove it up onto some wood chocks and screwed it to the bottom of the bumper.

Clio 182 (05)

Congratulations on picking up an excellent motor. Of course, my opinion is somewhat biased, as I picked my brand new one up today as well!

Mine had the splitter attached, and Ive been over a few speed bumps today only to find it still attached and apparently undamaged!

And as for the tray, mines fixed as well I think. Not sure if it should be though!

Mazda MX5 1.8

no f**king way take it back

what a joke (about the splitter) - u paid for the splitter to be fitted not to have it on the back seat!!

the thing under the seat just kind of clips in place and has a small screw behind the seat (sorta under) which can just be done up

106 GTi

As others have said they just have a excuse to cover up there lazyness and couldnt be bothered to fi it which they should ... Saying that you will probably be able to do a better job fitting it yourself.

Abarth 500

are there 4 foot high speed bumps around the garage or summat? :confused: theres plenty of clearence with the splitter on, what a lazy dealer, but easy to fit yourself, probs do a better job than renault ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

I did a better job fitting one to my 172 than Renault did fitting one on my 182!!

If I was you Id be back down there telling them to fit it and to give you the car you paid for.

Ive caught mine on low kerbs but other than that there is loads of ground clearance.

Im getting my new motor in a few weeks and will be checking it thoroughly before i set foot in it. So i can check that i have this splitter thing can some confirm if this is the small plastic looking thing underneath the front bumper that looks like a small wing to help areodynamics please.

A pic would be great.

Cheers

At least you got your splitter, albeit in the boot... Im still waiting for my dealer to sort out why mine was missing and get one in for me 2 1/2 weeks after collecting my car.