ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW 182 ON MONDAY, NURBURGRING ON THURSDA

Turbo Beige

Pick up my new 182 on monday morning, mteallic blue both cup packs. Then im off to the nurburgring on thursday in it, there for three days.

Should be fun:D

hope your carefull mate, theres no way i would take a car like the 182 to the ring if id only been driving it for 4 days!!

P

peterh2

Sounds fun! I ran my 14 mile old 182 in at Knockhill so I wouldnt worry too much :D

Turbo Beige

will easily have 500 miles on it before i leave and the journey there is around 600 so it will be run in by the rime it hits the track. Just means that by the time i get back next monday it will have around 2000 miles on the clock.

And i wont be going mad at the ring, not much point in destroying the car but youve got to make some effort!

[Edited by PYE21 on 23 July 2005 at 4:38pm]

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Just make sure you dont sit at a constant speed on the way over, its not the best way to run in a new engine, keep vareying (sp?) your speed

I passed the 625 mile mark on the way up to donnington when I got mine! Nearly spanked it on the second lap as well! lol

182 Cup, (2nd one)

If you can, when u get to the curcuit change your oil for fully synthetic to get rid of all the initial paritcles etc from running in your engine. If not, change to fully syn before you leave and then when you get home. Other than that have a good day.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

just a quick thought, how the feck do you change the oil in a 182, as when i looked last i couldnt see an oil cap at all, or a dipstick.

what oil do renault put in the car originally?

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 25 July 2005

just a quick thought, how the feck do you change the oil in a 182, as when i looked last i couldnt see an oil cap at all, or a dipstick.
what oil do renault put in the car originally?
Not sure for definatly but I think its 5W-40 from the factory semi synthetic.

Changing oil is easy under the car there the panel covering the engine there a gap where the sump plug is.

As for the dipstick its in an annoying place its down infront of the engine in the middle of the engine between the engine and the radiator. The oil filler cap is under a little cover over by the drivers side mount for the engine.