ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Owner from Middlesbrough

Clio Sport 182
Hello Guys,

I am new to the forum so thought I would be polite and say hello to everyone ;)

I was previously a member of the 106 Owners club owning a 2003 Gti. Any previous members will know me as Quiksilver Marc. (I owned a Quiksilver too)

Well here is a few pics of my old Gti and New 182:

When I first bought the GTi

DSCF0288.jpg

DSCF0289.jpg

After a few mods

01022009177.jpg

New Clio

IMG00003-20100220-1337.jpg

Comments welcome :rasp:

Marc

Titanium 182
Welcome to clio sport mate! im local to boro, just in the process of selling my 05 silver 182 mind!

car looks nice, could do with a front splitter mind!

Clio Sport 182
Cheers Dean,

Where in Boro are you based??

Do you have a splitter on yours like? Not sure what they look like, do you have a pic?

Cheers

Caterham 270R
Welcome to Cs buddy car looks great enjoy it

Love the 106 Gti great little pocket rocket ( i went down the saxo road even though i work for peugeot :) )

Clio Sport 182
Thought i would ask the question on here guys

What type 182 have i bought because i am not too sure of the differences and have been reading a few difference threads and now im confused. :mad:

182 FF / Cup / Trophy.

Whats the differences so I know for future. Thanks

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thought i would ask the question on here guys

What type 182 have i bought because i am not too sure of the differences and have been reading a few difference threads and now im confused. :mad:

182 FF / Cup / Trophy.

Whats the differences so I know for future. Thanks

Just to clarify what the differences are-

182 CUP is either BLUE OR INFERNO ORANGE-

182 Trophy is RED only-

182 standard--( has Zenons, Climate Control & alcantara seats) lowest specced -

182 FF- ( Has Zenons,Climate & the seats) + Cup Spoiler, Cup splitter , & cup suspension & alloys-

Looking at the photo I would say a 182 --- NOT FF

Full fat is classed as a car that has the Spoiler, Splitter & suspension-

I would say at a 'glance' you have a 182 that has no cup packs, & the alloys have been replaced by the cup ones-
although thats VERY difficult to say without checking the suspension or wheel hubs-

You either have a 182 with cup suspension ( with subsequent alloys)
OR
182 with no cup packs & cup alloys-

Steve

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182
Just to clarify what the differences are-

182 CUP is either BLUE OR INFERNO ORANGE-

182 Trophy is RED only-

182 standard--( has Zenons, Climate Control & alcantara seats) lowest specced -

182 FF- ( Has Zenons,Climate & the seats) + Cup Spoiler, Cup splitter , & cup suspension & alloys-

Looking at the photo I would say a 182 --- NOT FF

Full fat is classed as a car that has the Spoiler, Splitter & suspension-

I would say at a 'glance' you have a 182 that has no cup packs, & the alloys have been replaced by the cup ones-
although thats VERY difficult to say-

You either have a 182 with cup suspension ( with subsequent alloys)
OR
182 with no cup packs & cup alloys-

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve

Still need to know what type it is so if anyone else can help it would be appreciated.

What do you get with the Cup packs like? Is there a difference in performance??

Clio Sport 182
Sorry Steve you must have edited as i typed my reply.

Well I guess mine will be a 182 with Cup alloys.

Mine does have all that you stated plus the extra A/c, cruise control ect

Titanium 182
Cheers Dean,

Where in Boro are you based??

Do you have a splitter on yours like? Not sure what they look like, do you have a pic?

Cheers

I live in Billingham mate, but travel through boro to get to work

the splitter is the plastic bit at the bottom of the bumper as u can see on my car here

250.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182
I live in Billingham mate, but travel through boro to get to work

the splitter is the plastic bit at the bottom of the bumper as u can see on my car here

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s295/Deanpd/278.jpg[\IMG][/quote]

Right I see yeah. Looks the part and nice motor.

What type of splitter is this though? Have searched and there seems to be so many difference designs and makes?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Sorry Steve you must have edited as i typed my reply.

Well I guess mine will be a 182 with Cup alloys.

Mine does have all that you stated plus the extra A/c, cruise control ect

You can pick up the spoiler & Splitter for not a lot of money if your really bothered, but it doesnt make a huge difference-

I would buy a Splitter & wait for a spoiler on Ebay- you can sell the non cup spoiler as well-

In terms of suspension, if you plan on lowering it you will need to know if its cup or non cup as the wheel hubs are different

Steve

Titanium 182
Thanks it is nice but iv had it a while and fancy a change! The splitter is just a standard renault one that was part of the spoiler pack, what type of rear spoiler does your car have? does it look like this with a brake light? just iv seen some 182s with the splitters ripped off!

275.jpg

Clio Sport 182
You can pick up the spoiler & Splitter for not a lot of money if your really bothered, but it doesnt make a huge difference-

I would buy a Splitter & wait for a spoiler on Ebay- you can sell the non cup spoiler as well-

In terms of suspension, if you plan on lowering it you will need to know if its cup or non cup as the wheel hubs are different

Steve

Thanks again Steve

I have a spoiler already on the car. The full back end looks just like this pic.

Clio03.jpg
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mctavish/Clio03.jpg

Titanium 182
If you do have that spoiler i would say yours is a full fat one and just needs the splitter replacing

Clio Sport 182
Thanks it is nice but iv had it a while and fancy a change! The splitter is just a standard renault one that was part of the spoiler pack, what type of rear spoiler does your car have? does it look like this with a brake light? just iv seen some 182s with the splitters ripped off!

275.jpg

Yeah same Dean

Is yours just a normal 182 then?

Titanium 182
It will have the cup suspension also then i would have thought with it having the anthracite wheels!

Titanium 182
No mate mines got both cup packs, suspension and spoilers, it did have the anthracite wheels on but i replaced them with trophy wheels!

Titanium 182
its a full fat by the sounds of it mate, just needs a new front splitter, look under the front bumper and you might see some screw holes where the spiltter used to be, there easy to damage, iv replaced mine before, i bought it on here for about £60, i think there around £100 from renault!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
So mine a 182 FF / Cup or what??

Sorry if im being thick :S:S
LOL

Start again-

A 182 starts out with the following

ALA seats, Climate & Zenons--- that wont change- ( unless you get a CUP)
SILVER 182 alloys-

3 options-

Cup Spoiler, Cup Splitter ( visbililty packs )
Cup Suspension ( with Anthricite Alloys)- (handling pack-)

The spec your car is is dependent on what it was specced to when it was ordered-

He could have had any or all or only 1 as they were all available seperate-

Its 50 50 whether you have cup suspension, although if it came with the spoiler IMHO it now has more chance of being a car with the suspension as I dont know of anyone who specced a spoiler but not the suspension-

I hope you understand what I mean, if it had NO cup packs then it COULD just have been grey wheels replacing silver wheels without the suspension, as its got the spoiler theres less chance of that-

Check under the front bumper for drill holes for the splitter as it may have just been knocked off as most do get a bit of damage-

Steve

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Hiyer matey, ive wondered who drove the orange 106. Often seen you round near the Tees barrage. Tidy Clio youve got now tho.

Clio 182
Hello mate, i'm from Middlesbrough too. Pick my Silver 182 up from Evans Halshaw Renault on Monday night. Can't wait!

See you around