ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Hello fellow Clioists!

Late intro, joined in November, got car on the road in December (insurance :rolleyes:)

Tyler from the Wirral.

Lovely inferno, 35k when bought, now 36k and 5 years old this month..belt time!

Shopping list:

Belts
KW coilovers
Yozza
Uprated engine mounts
Braided hoses
Ph1/V6 airbox with decent panel filter (currently got a K&N cone fitted by a previous owner but heard good things about the mentioned setups)

Right ideas so far?

Many peoples near or on the Wirral?

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Oops, pic!

12122009004.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not bad, seams to be loads of infernos being bought at the moe.

Inferno 182
Good to see another fellow inferno owner. nice car, nice plans for it :approve:

Clio 182
Hiya! Yes, there does seem to be more infernos around.. Not a bad thing ;) Anyways, welcome to CS and get yourself to some local meets!
Laura x

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Wow I never checked back on this thread!

EllisC - Prenton, you?
Jamie - I want Trophy Recaros!

Thanks for the welcomes :)

So far I have...

Had my belts done with a full service at NWP
Got a Scorpion RS192 with NWP decat (was gonna be a Yozza but I chose this instead and I still want a Yozza!)
Standard airbox with Pipercross panel filter
Flat wipers
New plain plates with 3/4 front

Needs brakes soon, with the braided hoses and decent fluid
Coilies probably KTR or Raceland because they're cheaper and seem to be good enough for the road

Only problems up to now is the top mounts I think are fooked because the car tracks everywhere at times and the tracking has been done twice already.
And the coolant temp sensor went on me back in March so I got a new (non OE) one fitted at NWP... that went on me last week so I got a new OE one from the stealers, £18. Hoping this one lasts a fair bit longer than the last!

Wheels, diamonds, bullets, dash strips and steering wheel/gearstick inserts are all off ready for paint!

Wheels - black with inferno diamonds
Interior bits - black with orange stickers which I've got from N2Grafix :D
Bullets - black with inferno lettering
Diamonds - black

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I had Trophy Recaro's in my 172. Tbh mate, they are good but substance over form one might say. Much better seats out there for the cash. However few look quite so OEM or as good. Some recliners going in parts for sale for £170 with subframes just now and I bet they're lower than the Recaro's too.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
That's why I'd love a set because they look the part and as you say, very OEM. There's looking round for other maybe lower sets that look almost as good or I'd consider a retrim if I kept the car long enough, with some nice proper leather and orange stitching. I saw a thread from a member on here who's doing the steering wheels now and they look spot on. That's a must aswell soonish!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Haha yeah. When you first drive a 1*2 you're thinking, s**t, is this a boat? (High seat and f**k off steering wheel!!)

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Lol yeah with the steering wheel, the height wasn't an issue at first though because I clambered all the way down from a C2 VTS!