ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182

Can anyone tell me what the headlamp sidelight bulbs are please, the books says w5w are these wedge base r501 or the bayonet type, also can the front fog light bulbs be changed for a whiter bulb to match my xenons?

My revs still idle at 2000rpm when the engine is hot and the coolant needle drops to zero and car then struggles to start, strong smell of fuel and lots of smoke when it does initially start. Only had car from 1st of the month and Reg Vardys cant fit me in till 28th!!!! still waiting....any ideas

Cheers Club members

PS Im still waiting for my membership pack anyone know how long it takes?

ttfn

Graham

Quote: Originally posted by craigr on 18 September 2004

which reg vardy are you using?

Reg vardy sheffield, they told me if the car breaks down call aa as its covered for 3 years, best thing is there is no aa info in my renult pack and I dont even have a list of Renault dealers in there either but I got all this with other cars I have bought!

AA card with mine in tax disk holder.

Mine is a bit lumpy idling, but under 1000rpm and no probs starting.

I would not be happy if I were you and have had it a couple of weeks and thay cant look at it immediately for you.

I sometimes have a similar problem with my 182. The temp. gauge needle flicks between normal and cold as if theres some intermittent fault, with the result that the idling RPM jumps to 2,000.

I think that Ive traced the problem to the connection on the temp. sender on the engine block. If you get the chance, its lcoated under the throttle body on the LH side of the engine. Giving the connector a wiggle seemed to solve my problem. If not, ask Vardys to check this first. If it is faulty, the diagnostic should highlight it.

Best of luck !

Quote: Originally posted by Blue Streak on 18 September 2004

I sometimes have a similar problem with my 182. The temp. gauge needle flicks between normal and cold as if theres some intermittent fault, with the result that the idling RPM jumps to 2,000.

I think that Ive traced the problem to the connection on the temp. sender on the engine block. If you get the chance, its lcoated under the throttle body on the LH side of the engine. Giving the connector a wiggle seemed to solve my problem. If not, ask Vardys to check this first. If it is faulty, the diagnostic should highlight it.

Best of luck !

Cheers bluestreak,you might have sorted the problem for me,Ill check it in the morning

many thanks as this problem is annoying!

Doh!, Ive just re-read my post and the temp. sender is actually on the RH side of the block, under the throttle body. Apologies for the confusion.

clio 182

never go to reg vardy sheff mate they are the worst dealer in the world theyll not fix when you eventually get in try reg vardy rotherham m8 ive found them to be much better btw where abouts in sheff r u from

if u can get booked in at vardys roth we will try to sort out whatever faults as best as pos, but as some will know we are always jammed full, can never park anywere!

[Edited by richy on 18 September 2004 at 11:18pm]

the sidelights are the 5w wedge type not bayonett fixing you want the PIAA led bulbs in white/white the fogs will be harder to find tbh

Quote: Originally posted by sargeantinio on 18 September 2004

never go to reg vardy sheff mate they are the worst dealer in the world theyll not fix when you eventually get in try reg vardy rotherham m8 ive found them to be much better btw where abouts in sheff r u from

Hi mate

I dont live in Sheffield anymore, my folks still live in Woodhouse but I live in Birmingham not far from Junction 9 M6, have been here 2 years now, seen loads of 182s and 172s around Tipton and Dudley!:)

Arctic Blue 182

Woodhouse!!!? Only a mile away from me. I live in Waterthorpe.

Vardys in Sheffield are useless. Try Gordon Lambs in Chesterfield, even if its only for a second opinion. Theyre pretty good whenever Ive been there. Got my 182 from them as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Faz182 on 19 September 2004

Woodhouse!!!? Only a mile away from me. I live in Waterthorpe.

Vardys in Sheffield are useless. Try Gordon Lambs in Chesterfield, even if its only for a second opinion. Theyre pretty good whenever Ive been there. Got my 182 from them as well.

Cheers mate I will take note of all the options and comments and the rattle will certainly be thrown out of the cot if its not sorted at Regs Sheffield, theyre coming out for the test drive after its been in, Im gonna insist.

If its not sorted Im avin a new one, nuff said!

May even call hp company to postpone payments till its been sorted

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by GTATTY182 on 18 September 2004

<SCRIPT language=javascript> Can anyone tell me what the headlamp sidelight bulbs are please, the books says w5w are these wedge base r501 or the bayonet type, also can the front fog light bulbs be changed for a whiter bulb to match my xenons?

My revs still idle at 2000rpm when the engine is hot and the coolant needle drops to zero and car then struggles to start, strong smell of fuel and lots of smoke when it does initially start. Only had car from 1st of the month and Reg Vardys cant fit me in till 28th!!!! still waiting....any ideas

Cheers Club members

PS Im still waiting for my membership pack anyone know how long it takes?

ttfn

Graham

i tried to change fog lights before when i changed main beam and sidelights to bluevision but was told by powerbulbs they dont have any of the same fitment. I ordered some tried, similar shape just bigger.

If you find some that fit the fogs let me know.

It also says you cant change the fogs yourself, but i managed to get to them in my last dynamique.