ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new 182

insignia

i originally had my heart set on a clio 172 which i woz buying from my local motorpoint,recently reduced to just £10,999. After weeks of deciding which colour i liked best (which woz a real hard decision) i decided that silver had to be.it woz so close between the black though. This week i visited the garage just to check that woz definately the colour i cud best live with. planning to cut a deal the next day. And now after seeing the 182 which is out soon i am now going to wait.heres why.the 182 has cat 1 alarm fitted free.the new 182 cup alloys look mean unlike the crude ones on the mk11. It has a better stereo. The engine sounds better. It has that look that wont be ignored (twin exhausts standard).its got wider tyres. its got wider track suspension.the cup pack is only an extra £200.00. and i know for shore in 6mths time people will refer to the 182 clio more than the 172.if i had bought my 172 this week,it wud make me feel so bad,when my mates start saying,theyve seen the new 182,it looks good etc.so......now im waiting ....hopefully not too long......im gettin desperate now though coz every time im behind one i purposely get close up behind he/she just so i can watch them waste me-knowing what they already know.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Which Motorpoint is local to you?!

Theres one just up the road from me...

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 30 January 2004

i originally had my heart set on a clio 172 which i woz buying from my local motorpoint,recently reduced to just £10,999. After weeks of deciding which colour i liked best (which woz a real hard decision) i decided that silver had to be.it woz so close between the black though. This week i visited the garage just to check that woz definately the colour i cud best live with. planning to cut a deal the next day. And now after seeing the 182 which is out soon i am now going to wait.heres why.the 182 has cat 1 alarm fitted free.the new 182 cup alloys look mean unlike the crude ones on the mk11. It has a better stereo. The engine sounds better. It has that look that wont be ignored (twin exhausts standard).its got wider tyres. its got wider track suspension.the cup pack is only an extra £200.00. and i know for shore in 6mths time people will refer to the 182 clio more than the 172.if i had bought my 172 this week,it wud make me feel so bad,when my mates start saying,theyve seen the new 182,it looks good etc.so......now im waiting ....hopefully not too long......im gettin desperate now though coz every time im behind one i purposely get close up behind he/she just so i can watch them waste me-knowing what they already know.

Thats what they said about the Williams when the 172 came out. ;)

insignia

your right but when the 172 came out it was a totally new car to the clio williams.the 182 is just a new improved formula to the already great 172

insignia

4x4 wheels...are u smokin crack? them twin pipes look sh*te on paper but on the road they suit the car well.It doesnt cost much to get meatier tailpipes fitted once uve got the car.the wheels on mk11 172 look to similar to the base model clios (they remind me of the plastic halford hub caps) but obvioulsy not as bad. nyway your right wud be good idea to get good deal on a 172, but forthe same price if i wait, can have a 182 which has had the suttle changes to be better.wider tyres,wider suspension,stiffer springs and ofcourse extra 10bhp as standard is gonna be better.will be so much easier gettin 200 bhp.i know that if i pull up next to a 172 in my 182-its gonna feel better.sad i know but hey us lads luv cars

VaVa

A 182 will be no more tunable (maybe less due to its already slightly higher state of tune) than a 172. You are still going to have to shell out some serious cash to get 200 and above.!!!

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 31 January 2004

A 182 will be no more tunable (maybe less due to its already slightly higher state of tune) than a 172. You are still going to have to shell out some serious cash to get 200 and above.!!!

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 31 January 2004

de-cat the the thing extra 10bhp.viper induction kit.shudnt be too far off?

;)
Doubtful, a viper will give you 2-3 hp tops. Some see no increase, The standard airbox is very good. One of the differences between the 182 and the 172 is the cat, a less restrictive one has already been put on the 182. So de-cat may only see you get a few extra hp. So Ill be generous and give you 185 so far (cos ala 172 itll make a few less than 182 out of the box!!!)

VaVa

Just noticed you have a 106 Gti (nice motor btw). I dont think youll notice a massive performance increase when you get a 182......

Whilst the 106s respond very well to breathing mods, the 172 (182) does not in terms of outright power gains. Unfortunately.

Have you ordered your 182 yet?

Elise/VX220/R26

if the 182 wasnt better than the 172 someone at renno would need sacking! I would wait and get a 182 if I was buying right at this moment. Even with the dodgy tailpipes!

insignia

yeah johnnyboy finally someone wiv sum sense.best wai till 182.havent ordered it yet,was just gonna go down as soon as first ones delivered.do you think i shud order one? p.s probably rite bout not gettin 200 bhp wud be nice though

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dan_mk1nova on 31 January 2004

i seriously doubt a de-cat and a viper will give 20bhp
Likewise...

The Viper gives you about 5bhp tops (I have one) and the 182 already has a less restrictive cat, so less gains to be had than de-catting a 172 or Cup, so you may be able to squeeze 190bhp maximum if youre lucky, probably be less though!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

182 sport -

What colours your 106 GTi???

I used to have a China Blue one, with twin headlamps and white Speedlines, you may have seen that?! Was a couple of years ago now though...

insignia

yeah mines a red gti not the flame red but the darker colour.how do i know the stereo is better? and the engine sounds better? for a start they have uprated the stereo in the 182. the revisions to the exhast and manifold have now changed the sound too!

CRX 16v, Golf SE

Ah but dont forget that Williams still get a whole lot of respect, so I hope that the 172 still gets recognition after the 182...

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 01 February 2004

182 sport -

What colours your 106 GTi???

I used to have a China Blue one, with twin headlamps and white Speedlines, you may have seen that?! Was a couple of years ago now though...
snap, I used to have a China Blue GTI, fantastic colour, also had a set of 15" OZs which looked mint. Had removed the spare wheel and had the get me home foam, but came up against a mkI 172 and got blown away, and mine was a fast car. Think you will notice a sizeable difference in power, just not in handling. (I have been stuck with a 1.4 Megane for 3 years after Writing mine off at 70mph into a tree so I am going to notice a massive increase (double the HP and lighter car!)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 01 February 2004

yeah mines a red gti not the flame red but the darker colour.
That would be Diablo Red then...

A couple of my mates have the same colour, one lives round here.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 01 February 2004

snap, I used to have a China Blue GTI, fantastic colour, also had a set of 15" OZs which looked mint. Had removed the spare wheel and had the get me home foam, but came up against a mkI 172 and got blown away, and mine was a fast car. Think you will notice a sizeable difference in power, just not in handling. (I have been stuck with a 1.4 Megane for 3 years after Writing mine off at 70mph into a tree so I am going to notice a massive increase (double the HP and lighter car!)
Good choice! :D

Had mine for 2 years and loved it...

Sorry to hear you smashed yours!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Thanks, was quite a crash but the little thing kept me intact and I near enough walked away, the car and Airbag saved my life so I would always recommend them for safety, will have to make sure I dont do the same to the 182!

The thing I have against me is that Driving test programme a few weeks ago when they said that the most likely people to have accidents are Capricorns driving a Blue car, well thats 2 out of 2! They also said that the most accidents are in February so I am glad my car doesnt come until March;)