ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200 in black - how much would it cost?

General question and looking for some buyer experiences.

I'm liking the sound of the 4 years warranty, servicing and 0% HP on a new 200 (standard not cup) but just wondered how much It would set me back?

You used to be able to spec them up online but that functionality seems to have gone now...

Also if anyone can anyone share any buying experience in terms of how much they managed to negotiate from the book price too that'd be spot on.

Not bothered about added extras but It would have to be black and possibly with rear tints dependent on the costs.

Cheers.

There you go.

Ha! Call me boring but I'm really not that bothered about recaros at all for some reason. The standard seats in my 197 are pretty good to be fair. I'd be using it as a daily runner and when I've sat in them both in the 197, I thought the standard seats were more comfy.

I'm not too bothered about the wheels either to be honest - I like the look of the standard ones and don't really want to add them at extra cost.

Didn't they discontinue black?

Really? Didn't know this. It'd help if they'd put the colour options on the website!

EDIT: Still have black in the online brochure - just spotted the link after delving a little deeper. Or is this out of date now? I presume it would just be classed as the "metallic paint" option?

Last edited:

If you click on the RS Clio it redirects you to the RenaultSport site where it does have some prices - i.e. list price of the car and cost of extras, but it doesn't appear to state how much a particular colour would cost. Like I said above ^^ I presume it'll just be metallic paint so would be £18135 + £455 for the paint.

Anyone have any experience of what I'm likely to actually pay or how far they're willing to negotiate? Obviously not going to just pay the list price.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If you click on the RS Clio it redirects you to the RenaultSport site where it does have some prices - i.e. list price of the car and cost of extras, but it doesn't appear to state how much a particular colour would cost. Like I said above ^^ I presume it'll just be metallic paint so would be £18135 + £455 for the paint.

Anyone have any experience of what I'm likely to actually pay or how far they're willing to negotiate? Obviously not going to just pay the list price.

At 18 odd grand you might as well spec her up in for a penny in for a pound and all that plus it will help with resale as well. Mine cost me just over 20k with everything I wanted. Speedlines, cup spoiler, Recaro's, Cup packs, Bluetooth & I.D paint etc etc plus gap insurance, so not too bad.

Dealers where pretty helpfull, got a bit of money off mine & Matts + Full tank of jungle juice as well as factory interior & body protection & valeting pack thrown in.

Last edited:
Standard car with no options in black is 18.5K, with a decent spec your looking at 20.5K i.e recaro's, spoiler, speedlines etc.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
ive been quoted 16.5k on a new black cup with speedlines, recaros and a cup spoiler on the 4 year deal but you get a very low px valuation for your car with this deal so you will need to sell private first:coffee:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

I got a FF200 + Cup Chassis and RS Monitor... £15,500. End of 2010 like but that's the numbers.

Cheers for all the replies guys.

I'm 6' 2" and spend a fair bit of time in the gym so the recaro's are just too snug a fit for me and as such just don't find them as comfortable. My standard seats aren't quite as snug. I realise it might affect resale value but at the end of the day if they aren't functional for me day to day then I'm not going to fork out an extra £900 for them.

I've been looking at Scirroco's too and VW have valued mine at £6800 (I almost bit their hand off!). 08 standard 197 with 25k on the clock, so Renault would have to at least get near that for me to p/x it. I would be buying a Scirrocco if I hadn't seen this deal to be honest - 4 years at 0%, not paying for repairs, services or roadside cover on a brand new car is hard to turn away from. Most of the VW's I've looked at are £20k for one that's 18months-2years old.

Problem with selling privately is that I've got the infamous steering wheel "melt" and really can't be arsed to get it sorted - just don't want the hassle to be honest.

Food for thought anyway and I'll probably just pop down to the local dealer to get a quote. Hate talking to car sales people though...

Thanks.

Last edited: