ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200 owner and member - Essex

Clio RS 200
Hello all,
I have just purchased ClioSport membership and this beauty for what I considered a bargain and had originally intended to go for a Megane R26 but the price and colour of this Clio convinced me.
I'm coming from a BMW 123d which will be up for sale within the next week or so but even on a somewhat boring drive home from picking up this car I was giggling like a little kid.
I've given it a good clean (as good as possible in the rain) and noticed a few bits here and there which I will touch up and have ordered some new centre caps for the wheels, black Renault badges, new door seals and the correct passenger side wing mirror as I found out it was from the 197 after buying it :weary:

Questions:
I noticed a few of the body panels looked slightly bent out of shape/position and wanted to know if there's any way of fixing these? (I assume it's due to a fixings coming out but not sure)
Is it worth getting some Redex to mix in with the petrol for the first tank as I don't know what quality petrol it has been run on previously?

For now though, I'm just itching to drive it down every nice road I know.

MYJDq8tfSRN8OJn699enSs02urwsK6g7gi6g9nEtG9y8OdA0elHRJR7X731w1fTgFI53wCz_ELzQuTpUGq6JsM7Bhz5TpV8zGvvH2jqYh78CZF6vxEbf3hmUcNS9ZnXy-H116E9UYA_sl1wd6ma4zzJ3Z0PvCwKxeNMSdwBG4Cw-jmi5QgYiHhktWXArl8a7x-whoj1D55OqpnxEzrrRWC-z--l_uN69P8sgOTP2RvowrhEzJuvauY1N4W3Ug3DIVRonmYiGGpZYRS9miIXAVkXB0CrK8Nsynn76xMfpYVWVelmIsAtx6eybRNhmX2AzAABlVZ2NtziKr5mG4ueBWo6oUypeao9AIaQzu0cP_NJvhYDXOWb_0D4ITGyqZOlhNRTAyKz0cuYMDVNUrPjCZh6ELG6hzCeuMpKHCHmqN5O5mA4d_yqG4vVvHdfcenUHcmMi4IudkHAjUmfjs5m-2Lmi-fZYWSTLPGO4J-a6hhkn_nuVjaHZFIYwKThb96LGY3Djt3e_8FrQAbmgBbs9HSTbh2YfbeEdhI2jMfB9vONuLjphTgHmllUW3VHQTeUd45FmHm4lQVBRuumYhFnz1bdZFayaZzkqo5E3Clt6=w682-h511-no

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Really nice mate.

I'm also considering a move from the rb to a 200 :smile:

What year is the bmw?

Don't bother with Redex just use tesco, v power etc.

Reactions: Gus
  Clio RS 200
Yeah, I've still barely had a chance to drive it and waiting for some dry days as well.
I'm sure a move from the 182 to the 200 would be a nice change but for me personally coming from the diesel engine to a super rev happy petrol feels amazing.
It's a 2010 and drives really well but I would have been paying it off for another year or so and realised I could get a great car for half the price.
Yeah fair enough, I suppose it's only on 60k so can't be too bad.
I suppose I'll just have to give it a good boot round to clear anything out....

Clio RS 200
Thanks, was amazed to get one in liquid yellow for under £6k. They seem to be sold at a premium from what I've seen so far.

Good to see some some member nearby in Essex as well!

Clio RS 200
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Now it's time to start pestering the forum with loads of questions ;)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Welcome to the forum :) where in Essex you from ? Also the 15th there is a meet at the Wings Cafe at North Weald at 10:30am if you fancy a fry up and meet some members :)

Clio RS 200
I'm just outside of Chelmsford but working around Basildon so might see it around. You're right though, I've barely even seen any Clio RS 200's around and I've been keeping a keen eye out as well.
I'll have to check my plans but thank you for the invitation, it would be good to meet some of you guys (and girls). Do you need to know numbers or is it just a case of turn up if you can?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I'm just outside of Chelmsford but working around Basildon so might see it around. You're right though, I've barely even seen any Clio RS 200's around and I've been keeping a keen eye out as well.
I'll have to check my plans but thank you for the invitation, it would be good to meet some of you guys (and girls). Do you need to know numbers or is it just a case of turn up if you can?
I’ve not seen you in Bas either 😌 I’ll keep an eye out though!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Nah man just turn up if you fancy it :)

Hi, thought i jump in here and say hello im new to the group and i live southend essex
, got an R5 turbo just bought this RB 182 cup first cup ive had an wow smitten already [emoji7]
Just trying to confirm what sprk plug tool i need atm
a356cb9880e9fbf3ad9b327d88ffcc88.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hi, thought i jump in here and say hello im new to the group and i live southend essex
, got an R5 turbo just bought this RB 182 cup first cup ive had an wow smitten already [emoji7]

Welcome mate.

Seems that we are building a nice little following from this region now. Try and make the North weald meet on the 15th :up:

I’ll also try and put together a couple of meets down Southend sea front once the weather warms up a bit.

Welcome mate.

Seems that we are building a nice little following from this region now. Try and make the North weald meet on the 15th :up:

I’ll also try and put together a couple of meets down Southend sea front once the weather warms up a bit.
Is north weald this month? I make sure i get up there, be good to meet some other Renault heads!
Be good to have a meet this way, only thing the seafront not like it used to be (fun) to many people moan ect lol but gotta love the seaside in the summer tho[emoji41]

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Hello all,
I have just purchased ClioSport membership and this beauty for what I considered a bargain and had originally intended to go for a Megane R26 but the price and colour of this Clio convinced me.
I'm coming from a BMW 123d which will be up for sale within the next week or so but even on a somewhat boring drive home from picking up this car I was giggling like a little kid.
I've given it a good clean (as good as possible in the rain) and noticed a few bits here and there which I will touch up and have ordered some new centre caps for the wheels, black Renault badges, new door seals and the correct passenger side wing mirror as I found out it was from the 197 after buying it :weary:

Questions:
I noticed a few of the body panels looked slightly bent out of shape/position and wanted to know if there's any way of fixing these? (I assume it's due to a fixings coming out but not sure)
Is it worth getting some Redex to mix in with the petrol for the first tank as I don't know what quality petrol it has been run on previously?

For now though, I'm just itching to drive it down every nice road I know.

MYJDq8tfSRN8OJn699enSs02urwsK6g7gi6g9nEtG9y8OdA0elHRJR7X731w1fTgFI53wCz_ELzQuTpUGq6JsM7Bhz5TpV8zGvvH2jqYh78CZF6vxEbf3hmUcNS9ZnXy-H116E9UYA_sl1wd6ma4zzJ3Z0PvCwKxeNMSdwBG4Cw-jmi5QgYiHhktWXArl8a7x-whoj1D55OqpnxEzrrRWC-z--l_uN69P8sgOTP2RvowrhEzJuvauY1N4W3Ug3DIVRonmYiGGpZYRS9miIXAVkXB0CrK8Nsynn76xMfpYVWVelmIsAtx6eybRNhmX2AzAABlVZ2NtziKr5mG4ueBWo6oUypeao9AIaQzu0cP_NJvhYDXOWb_0D4ITGyqZOlhNRTAyKz0cuYMDVNUrPjCZh6ELG6hzCeuMpKHCHmqN5O5mA4d_yqG4vVvHdfcenUHcmMi4IudkHAjUmfjs5m-2Lmi-fZYWSTLPGO4J-a6hhkn_nuVjaHZFIYwKThb96LGY3Djt3e_8FrQAbmgBbs9HSTbh2YfbeEdhI2jMfB9vONuLjphTgHmllUW3VHQTeUd45FmHm4lQVBRuumYhFnz1bdZFayaZzkqo5E3Clt6=w682-h511-no
Saw that on eBay - looks great and st a great price :) have you a photo of the body panels issues you have?

Pictures of Renault 5 Gt Turbo mate please :smile:

Saw that on eBay - looks great and st a great price :) have you a photo of the body panels issues you have?

Pictures of Renault 5 Gt Turbo mate please [emoji2]
Ive had a few over the years my current 1 i am having sills welder ready for paint very soon, not best pics atm as its hiding in the garage
214bf1e9b055bf67758c07b15c98f06d.jpg
172a48affe84b6a527a409478f4a9ead.jpg
496be0cbea10075dbfc8929bf91f4930.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Welcome mate.

Doughnuts, we need doughnuts.

Clio RS 200
Saw that on eBay - looks great and st a great price :smile: have you a photo of the body panels issues you have?

I unfortunately haven't got any photos yet but will upload some later. I've had a closer look since the original post and it looks like the mounts for the front bumper are either corroded, broken or haven't been tightened properly. I think I may have to take off the front bumper and assess the damage properly or at least take the wheel arch panels off to get a better view.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
No I won't, I was only joking about being able to do doughnuts in a RWD.
The only thing I ever want to drive at the moment is my Clio
I was going to say, I'll be in the Impreza so don't worry. [emoji106]

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Ive had a few over the years my current 1 i am having sills welder ready for paint very soon, not best pics atm as its hiding in the garage
214bf1e9b055bf67758c07b15c98f06d.jpg
172a48affe84b6a527a409478f4a9ead.jpg
496be0cbea10075dbfc8929bf91f4930.jpg

:cool:

I see a white one driving around here sometimes. I had a Tungsten a few years ago, loved it but it was a s**t heap lol. I'll get a Raider one day!

:cool:

I see a white one driving around here sometimes. I had a Tungsten a few years ago, loved it but it was a s**t heap lol. I'll get a Raider one day!
Yeah i have see the white one about he is in westcliff i think, there is a guy near me with another leccy blue 1 [emoji52][emoji3]
Raiders getting rarer an more $$$

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Nearly managed to blag a Raider in need of a lot of repair work for £750 a few years back! All set ready to go and bloke phones me saying really sorry mate I just can't let it go 😧

Nearly managed to blag a Raider in need of a lot of repair work for £750 a few years back! All set ready to go and bloke phones me saying really sorry mate I just can't let it go 😧
Thats a shame man soon as you show interest people think they got something worth a fortune and Dont see the work involved
Could ya help me pls,
Im new to this taptalk i have a 182 cup and thinking of removing the A/C and maybe going for the KAM racing set up alloy pullys ect, can u point me in the right direction if poss link or your exp thanks !