ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new airbox

Clio 197
I install new airbox, it from mk1 172 cup race they use & come from france ebay.
(big thanks to that guy let me buy it):approve:

More power & much better!!:evil:

airbox2.gif

airbox.gif

just need a cold air pipe to finish off:)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
but the RS inlet flange is no where near there? So the pipe must be custom??

M

mini-valver

Looks like the same pipe the 57i kit comes with. Noticeable difference Giles? Spoke to you about it at the racing blue meet.....

Clio 197
^^ the pipe is from K&N parts almost the same the 57i kits

the standard mk1 172 airbox have two air hole to go in but this cup airbox got one big air hole. The guy I spoke on ebay he from france & he brought the mk1 172 cup race which they be use in 2000 season and now he cleaning out his stuff. I saw the pics off his 172 cup he send me, it been in the shen for whiles and cover with dusts lol

Megane Mk4
Very nice giles... and the engine is clean! :D

Must've spent ages to keep it clean?

Last edited:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Looks superb mate. I didn't realise they were different to phase 1 172's. What did it cost and does he have any more?

I love my 172 'box, it pulls from so much lower down.

Clio 197
looks good.

what was the air filter box like before...?

the airbox is at the back small air filter and it not very good

now the new one is better:cool:

IMGP3945.gif

Looks superb mate. I didn't realise they were different to phase 1 172's. What did it cost and does he have any more?

I love my 172 'box, it pulls from so much lower down.

think it was 20 EUR I dunno is anymore left.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Fantastic! Yet more clever use of standard(ish) parts.
i love things like this.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
^^ the pipe is from K&N parts almost the same the 57i kits

the standard mk1 172 airbox have two air hole to go in but this cup airbox got one big air hole. The guy I spoke on ebay he from france & he brought the mk1 172 cup race which they be use in 2000 season and now he cleaning out his stuff. I saw the pics off his 172 cup he send me, it been in the shen for whiles and cover with dusts lol

Hi,

I have one question regarding the pipe, is it possible to buy it also stand alone or only as pack with the k&n filter? Do you have a part-number for only the single pipe?

By the way, that airbox with the big 100mm inlet was also used in the Espace V6 and R25 V6 and also the R21 Turbo...;)

regards
Oliver

Clio 197
Hi,

I have one question regarding the pipe, is it possible to buy it also stand alone or only as pack with the k&n filter? Do you have a part-number for only the single pipe?

By the way, that airbox with the big 100mm inlet was also used in the Espace V6 and R25 V6 and also the R21 Turbo...;)

regards
Oliver

Oh right it could be looks the same but this guy told me it from 172 cup race & I'm please with it now.:)

I'm wondering the same thing, can you buy the relocation pipe anywhere seperatly??

I'm sure you can buy them seperatly:)

Clio 197
O.K., but where???

And for the cold air feed, you should get rid of your fog lights and use the left one for it....

try this K&N - part number 57-0483

Yeah I could do but I don't want to take the one fog light out, it would looks silly with one fog light on my car.:)

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V

Yeah I could do but I don't want to take the one fog light out, it would looks silly with one fog light on my car.:)

I´ll try that number, thanks.

I didn´t say take one out, I meant both....you can keep the other one blind.;)
The fog light holes of the clioII ph.1 bumper are ideal for that, due to their 100mm diameter.

I installed some black grating before the openings...

SANY0181k.JPG

Black PH2 172 FF
You got a part number for that?

I've got the same K&N kit, and would like to 'heat shield' the filter in one of those...

Clio 197

I´ll try that number, thanks.

I didn´t say take one out, I meant both....you can keep the other one blind.;)
The fog light holes of the clioII ph.1 bumper are ideal for that, due to their 100mm diameter.

I installed some black grating before the openings...

SANY0181k.JPG

is your clio mk2 or mk1??:S

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
you could never guess that bumber was off a mrk2 hay, fits like a glove.. how do they get them to fit like that? its like real magic