ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Barge - Stage 1 Completed!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well, first job of owning this car was to give it a damned good wash - it was filthy, covered in polish residue and looking a lot worse than it should - so a quick attack with the Karcher, buckets and mitt, Wheel Brightener and a decent drying towel was in order, followed by a blitz with my new Henry on the inside and a wipe down of all the interior surfaces. Not paid a huge amount of attention to the seats, because Stage 2 and 3 (this week and next week) includes:

Stage 2:
Wheels refurbished in Charcoal.
New Tyres.
Milltek Exhaust fitting.
Thermostat fitting.

Stage 3:
New interior carpet.
New seats (F + R).

However, she's not looking too shabby for an old girl, so thought I'd take a couple of pics! Especially after it being referred to as a 'shed' because it needed a wash...

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0017-1.jpg

And she's not too bad running either (taken from other thread):

RR.jpg

I'm on the lookout for a standard 'Concert' HU, as I don't like the Kenwood one in there. Then I'll need to find a changer, but all in time!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ You smoking crack again!

Brakes are awesome!! But thats where it stops for me!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols. Tis nice.

Not for me but Chic will be creaming himself.

Better than yours. C*nt.
^ You smoking crack again!

Brakes are awesome!! But thats where it stops for me!

Brakes can pull your face off. Truly phenomenal stopping power! I knew it wasn't going to be everyone's bag but it suits me fine! Plenty of go, plenty of character and loads of smiles!

I love fast Audi estates and yours looks great. Are you replacing the seats with the same ones or something different?

Seats are staying the same, just the bolsters on the driver's side are shagged.

Mini Cooper S
Would look much better if you changed the wheels. I'm sure you could get a few quid for em!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Wheels are staying. They're fantastic for cleaning, fantastic for the ride and performance (low unsprung weight) and the standards won't go anywhere near it because the brakes are about the same size.

Very nice indeed. I think the wheels look good in the colour there in, just needs lowering a little bit for me. Not crazily fast in standardish form from my experience but lots of room for potential! Does that RR figure say 156whp also?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Brakes can pull your face off. Truly phenomenal stopping power! I knew it wasn't going to be everyone's bag but it suits me fine! Plenty of go, plenty of character and loads of smiles!

Seats are staying the same, just the bolsters on the driver's side are shagged.

You've had S2's tho, so clearly a fan of old Deutsch Barges!! ;) Must be nippy enough! Just old and dated and terrible in colour!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yup. Don't know how 'slow' they are standard but with the work it's had done it's fierce as f*ck. Short-shifting still sees you doing frankly rediculous speeds!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nah, paint has a few serious marks which I'm thinking will just get left until I can get a respray done.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Owwww... There's the hardware to do a K04 upgrade for £700 on eBay at the moment.

Must... Not... Bid...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Very nice, Mike. Those brakes are awesome :cool: Stop on a penny, I bet.

This is my mates, although not an RS :

dsc00772eb8.jpg

dsc00773rp0.jpg

Wheels are anthracite now, too. Pretty torquey.

Turbos.
Not bad Mike, the wheels are too weedy for the car though. Considering it's not the last word in handling finesse, i'd rather revert back to an Audi wheel or go for something chunkier.

BBS CH or LM-R would be nice..

VlerMai2007059.jpg

bbslmr11.jpg

TTRS & V50
MRC is epic, when i went there with a works car, there yard if just like a show ground. Some of the brakes were HUGGGE.

Nice barge, although i'm really not a fan of the old audi's, just look soo dated.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
that yellow audi you posted scutch is horrendous. no offence :cool: i blame it on the colour.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I can still see the attraction,but its a bit old for me.Seats are starting to look like dot cottons neck too...

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Truly awesome car, and colour..... Not 100% on the wheels, as I nowadays always prefer OEM, but its a cool motor! The yellow one shown above is horrible in my opinion as the wheels ruin it, but each to there own...

Better than yours. C*nt.
The BBS' are lovely, but at best I'd get a swap for standard wheels and it's not worth the extra weight. I've got £1200 of retrim and £3000 of respray to do before it's worth changing the wheels for better looking!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mike_182 said:
The BBS' are lovely, but at best I'd get a swap for standard wheels and it's not worth the extra weight. I've got £1200 of retrim and £3000 of respray to do before it's worth changing the wheels for better looking!
Why spend that much on an old barge you bought to save costs?

Turbos.
Money you will never get back though. At least with wheels you can always sell them. A resprayed S4 won't get much more than a non-resprayed one. Besides, a detail will probably make a massive improvement.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nah - I'm OCD as it is! And it's beyond detailing. I don't want to get the money back, just want it to be 'right' for me - I HAVE to keep this car, and as such it's going to get a bit of attention. Mechanically, it needs only a little love (although Fred will probably disagree on my definition of 'little' as he takes the cambelt off!) but cosmetically it's been somewhat neglected. The front bumper was 'nudged' in a car park, and is a little out of alignment for it causing the bonnet to interfere with it, and there's the bit where it was actually hit. The sideskirts both need paint, the door rub strips need paint, and the rear bumper needs paint. At that point, I might as well get the whole lot given a blowover to make it all the same colour and finish!

Interior is beyond re-connellising, but I can't find any black interiors - the A4 appears to be grey only! b*****d job.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i would have just bought a better condition one in the first place. doesn't make any sense to spend all that money after as you won't get it back. fair enough for your own self gratification but i still think it is a waste.

Better than yours. C*nt.
i would have just bought a better condition one in the first place. doesn't make any sense to spend all that money after as you won't get it back. fair enough for your own self gratification but i still think it is a waste.

I decided to shop for a mechanically good one - this one's been looked after bar the thermostat failure, the owner was meticulous about rectifying faults and has stacks of receipts for sensors that have reported odd readings and been replaced along with other bits and bobs.

And this most definitely isn't a 'doing it all tomorrow' car!