ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New bonnet?

Black 182 FF
I've been aware for ages that there was rust on the inside front of my bonnet but never got around to sorting it (I'm talking nearly the length of time I've had the car - nearly 8 years 😊). Over the last year and a bit it's finally came through, nothing too bad at the moment but it does annoy me. On looking today though where the bonnet skin is sealed at the bottom edge is shot inside too so I'm gonna have to replace it sooner rather than later. So my question is what do people suggest? Hunt around for the best possible bonnet I can find and have it painted or how much new?
What about http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121878939563&alt=web are they any good or just cheap cap I should avoid?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I've just bought a brand new bonnet. Platinum plus from euro car parts. Quality is great. Was about £80. Costs anything between £150 - £300 to paint depending on the company

Black 182 FF
That is exactly what I was wanting to hear. I'd rather get a good quality one at a decent price and pay to get it fettled than have to source something without rust that is 10+ years old, then pay to get it fettled too.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
The platinum plus one is excellent quality from what I can see. It's also ready to paint so no need to rub it back etc

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
As Cribert is right. Get the platinum bonnet. I have one under my bed waiting to be put on my car, it is perfect and resprayed.
Bonnet was 80 something
spray was £240 in bg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
DSC_0315.JPG
DSC_0314.JPG

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Full of dust in the pics as its been wrapped in 10 duvets. Cant wait to fit it.

Black 182 FF
Yeah I'll get one of them, either next pay day or the one after. To be honest I had no idea ECP sold them.