ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brake discs on the way.....

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Got some Brembo max grooved discs arrived yesterday for the 172. Planning on some track action next year so i'm prepping it up a little.

Paid just £80 delivered for the pair. But now i need some brake pads, anyone have any recommendations for some good fast road pads?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
also the Ferodo DS 2500 pads are pretty good, I'll be getting some soon. They're about £100ish for the set.

Clio 197
also the Ferodo DS 2500 pads are pretty good, I'll be getting some soon. They're about £100ish for the set.

Awesome pads, and the fronts lasted AGES... don't bother with the rears (as I did) because they don't last long at all.

Ask edde (on here) - we were going round the 'ring, and the seatbelt was hurting his abdomen! :)

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
Carbone Lorraine Pads are mint, I run them and i have never had fade on any of my trackdays.
As said above they are cheaper than Pagid and they will last for EVER :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh one more thing the CL's will munch through discs quicker than normal pads you will need about 3 sets of discs to 1 set of pads (thats what i hear i am yet to replace my Brembo Max discs)

Golf GTD Mk7
EDIT: Beat me too is Chris

Carbone Lorraine (RC5+ compound).

Around £80-100 I think, and better than the £120+ Pagid Blue IMO.

I bet you can't get them to fade!

too aggressive for road use and very harsh on pads, but amazing stopping power from what i've read. DS2500's are a good all rounder imo. Pagids are supposed to be awersome, but expensive.