ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new brake pads and discs help

172 CUP
hi everyone, Right I wanna get new brake pads and discs and just wanna know everyones opinion, I've been looking at ebc grooved discs, black diamond grooved discs, tarox drilled and grooved . And I've been looking at black diamond pads, green stuff pads, minted pads, tarox pads, ferodo pads. What does every1 think. They can't be too expensive tho

i've got a 1998 mk2 1.4 clio

they will be for fast road use, also does any1 know a good distributers that could have them delivered by saturday if i order them 2nite or tomoz?

Cheers
icon_thumb.gif

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of people slate EBC stuff, but I think that's when they are subjected to heavy track work.

When my front OEM pads were shot prior to the 36k mile service and an advisory on the rears - I decided to replace the whole lot - discs and all. I went for the EBC Turbo Grooved discs (cheesey, I know :dead:) and complemented those with EBC Redstuff pads all round.

They behave pretty much like the OEM kit when town driving, but once they have some heat in them - they are very good equipment for A-road blats. I've yet to push them too much where brake fade becomes a problem, but I've never been on track with it - which would obviously stress them even more.

They produce much less dust than the OEM ones as well. I noticed that the alloys were not as dirty when I came to wash the car.

All in all, a very good purchase I think - and I'd be honest and say not if it was otherwise. For everyday driving with the occasional A-road jaunt - the EBC stuff are good all-rounders.

I ordered my kit from here. Typically took about three days to turn up.

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/?source=googleebc&keyword=ebc%20brakes&gclid=CPDW457y35wCFZMU4wod5HwDKw

D.