ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New buckets are in!

I've been after some new seats for a very long time. After getting hold of some new sparco subframes then picking up some sparco harnesses i finally got my hands on a nice new pair of fixed buckets complete with sliders.

Got them in last night. They're hugely comfortable and the lack of movement in corners is fantastic.

But i've realised something. I'm an old man at heart :rasp: I've only been to the shops once in them and i already miss the standard reclining softies.

I'm just not hardcore enough. These may be up for sale pretty soon. PM me if interested.

DSCF2816.jpg

DSCF2817.jpg

DSCF2818.jpg

DSCF2819.jpg

Cheers

Tom

R27, Deep Black
Seats look good mate!

But while there staying in im guessin your not planning on taking back seat passengers? lol!

I hated my buckets at first, however, they are still there after a year!

Your back gets used to the pain lol

Passengers not so much....

Cheers guys. They are Autostyle BS1's.

Just come back from my first proper drive with them. Through the twisties they are fantastic, you actually feel part of the car rather than just being in/on it.

However my arse now hurts. A lot. And because im a short arse the seating position is a bit droll for me.

I'll let those that are interested in buying know if/when i post up a for sale thread. Might give it one or two more days to decide.

They are a really comfy seat, I think its my seating position which makes them less so for me to be honest, i tend to slump in the seat a lot if that makes sense, which in these seats means my arse sits in the join between in the cushions, which after about 2 hours or so sent my bum slightly numb as its right on the spot where there is the least padding.

If you sit normally in them they are very comfortable indeed, im just used to the standard sofa armchairs i guess.

Did you use the universal mounts for them or can specific clio subframes be bought? And also if you dont mind me asking, how did you mount the side parts of the harness', are they just to the back bolt of the seat subframe? Are they light? Sorry for all the questions :)

Cheers
Nick

330Ci (Fail)Sport
These look really good. Is that a slide adjuster poking out from under the seat?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I googled autostyle and they seam to do some REALLY good looking seats for pretty cheap!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Fook that, as long as they do the job im not arsed... Im going to ring an upholster company tomorrow and see if they would be able to stitch me renault sport into the seat/bodge something in.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I googled them too, seem really good value.

Fook that, as long as they do the job im not arsed... Im going to ring an upholster company tomorrow and see if they would be able to stitch me renault sport into the seat/bodge something in.

Was thinking the same thing too!

Exactly the same for me! They look good and if they hold you really well, who cares about the brand! Group buy? :)

Group buy sounds like an idea! That'd seem too tempting to let go.

Oh christ i think i've started something.

As mentioned they are on Clio specific Sparco subframes with the sliders that came with the seats.

Oh and yes for the inner harness location i've used the rear subframe mounting point, however the sparco subframes do come with an additional bar which would allow you to mount the standard pretensioner seatbelt.

The seats are very light, they weigh 10.3 kg each, however the subframes and sliders do add a bit to that. Like for like however, they are considerably lighter than the heavy as fcuk standard seats

Last edited:

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
I was going to get a Misano, but they look mint. Grrr, back to not knowing which seat I want!