ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Bumper and respray help

Got my car back from the bodyshop the other day after having a new bumper fitted and sprayed because of someone who reversed into me.
But have noticed that the colour match is very noticable. Mentioned this to the repairers and they have said that will happen because of the renault 640 colour and the way the paint drys. The only way to solve it is to blend the colour into the wings.
Im a bit unsure wheather this would work, just need some advice as to what I should do?

Attachments

• CIMG1239.JPG
    CIMG1239.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 86
  • CIMG1241.JPG
    CIMG1241.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 97
that difference is not in the way the paint has dried... a colour code is a colour code and it wont differ as much as that ^^!

take it back to them and ask for it to be redone.

I spoke to them about getting it re-done and they are saying that it wont be possible to get it the same as the original colour and the best solution is to blend into the wings. Something about the base coats used on the original bumper and that there is a known problem with colour matching this silver.
Suppose if they arent willing to re-do the bumper then ill have to get the insurance company involved!!

Chocolate Bar™
yeah thats unacceptable. doesnt matter about basecoats and crap, otherwise renault wouldnt paint it that colour in the first place. blending it into the wings wont work as your just going to have less of a line - just more of a professional bodge

Punto/Clio GTT
silver is the hardest colour to match

but that is f**king miles away if theyre gonna blend into the wings its still gonna be out to the bonnet so in theory theyre gonna be doing a full front respray for a new bumper? i dont think so