ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New bus - Cayman S

RB 182
If you do buy one winter time, make sure you keep the thing in a garage or away from frost. The windows freeze in place and become a pain in the ass when you want to get into the bloody car...

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
What if you sell it for £1500 and buy another which then costs you x amount a week later. Stick with what you've got. It's a good car.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
A 1/2k profit on a cheap clio, i'd agree. A 1/2k profit on a 13k porsche seems a bit pointless to me.

TTRS & V50
What if you sell it for £1500 and buy another which then costs you x amount a week later. Stick with what you've got. It's a good car.

This. Nail. Head.

Enjoy the car knowing that if it depreciates you won't loose anything.

Every car I have bought I could have sold straight away for at least 500 - 1k profit. Instead I kept for 12 - 18months, piled on 15 - 20k and then sold for near on the same amount of purchase price. That's better logic than risky spunking your profit on a maintenance job.

All IMO.

Z4
Lovely cars, and that was a bargain!

I'm thinking about one, but like Dave, I'm too pussy.
The Porsche warranty, will that cover all the scare stories? How much is it? Cheers

Porsche warranty is the best out there, covers everything. Apart from wear and tear items obviously.

To get this warranty you either have to buy a car from the main dealer, or from a private seller whose car is still within a warranty period (independent dealership involvement voids all warranty). When this warranty period runs out you have to then give it to Porsche to do a 111 point inspection before they will allow you to extend the warranty for 1-2 more years. They charge you for this (unless you're lucky and time it well with a service apparently) and then assuming the car passes the check, they'll charge you about £860 for a years worth of warranty and assistance. Or double for a two year period.

Z4
Porsche warranty is the best out there, covers everything. Apart from wear and tear items obviously.

To get this warranty you either have to buy a car from the main dealer, or from a private seller whose car is still within a warranty period (independent dealership involvement voids all warranty). When this warranty period runs out you have to then give it to Porsche to do a 111 point inspection before they will allow you to extend the warranty for 1-2 more years. They charge you for this (unless you're lucky and time it well with a service apparently) and then assuming the car passes the check, they'll charge you about £860 for a years worth of warranty and assistance. Or double for a two year period.

That's perfect mate, thanks for the info.
If that's the case, I'm off to auto trader!

Budgie - I'm usually of that mentality too, but the repairs of bore scorching etc really are horrendous! £71.66PM is totally justifiable for me, Porsche ownership is never going to be peanuts!

You going to track it?

RB 182

Cars over 9 years do not get warranty extention, at 8 years you get one final chance to do a single or double year but that's it.

I had a new starter motor, rear springs and both door seals done this year on warranty. It does work out cost effective when all the small stuff adds up.

Cars over 9 years do not get warranty extention, at 8 years you get one final chance to do a single or double year but that's it.

I had a new starter motor, rear springs and both door seals done this year on warranty. It does work out cost effective when all the small stuff adds up.

Oh yes I forgot to mention the age deadline..

Definitely pays for itself in my opinion. Little things can really add up.