ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car (182 Black Gold) - Cleaning Attempt #1

Hello! I'm new around here but have always wanted a 182, and finally the insurance was cheap enough for me to justify owning one.

Picked her up yesterday and as today was pretty nice weather, I thought I'd buy some products and attempt The Cleaning Guide (to an extent)

Washed a couple times then clay, then polish so far...

These are images during the steps.

Before anything started:

kRwfQ.jpg

DX8FQ.jpg

F8Pkj.jpg

After washes:

JWqPY.jpg

KglPN.jpg

uc0Ri.jpg

JP1N7.jpg

vhady.jpg

After clay and polish:

FfbPv.jpg

BYROP.jpg

w2mjK.jpg

Went for some shots:

4OMxj.jpg

9VbDU.jpg

Tw8EF.jpg

9QuKj.jpg

tqzAd.jpg

That's it so far for today. Let me know what you think and any feedback :D

Ps. First attempt detailing.

M2 Comp
Looks good, what products did you use?

Get yourself some clean plates and loose the tinted rear lights.

Some shampoo which was in the cupboard (used on my father's fire engines), meguiars clay kit, autoglym ultra deep shine. Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tyre shine, new clean number plates and that will be a nice looking car!

I quite like the rear lights.

Love the flake in BG paint.

Some trim restorer on the rear faded plastics would make a big difference to the final look.

Also taking the clio badge off to clean and polish the muck off along side using some ear buds to clean the dirt off around the renault sport badge would look better :)

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Some shampoo which was in the cupboard (used on my father's fire engines), meguiars clay kit, autoglym ultra deep shine. Cheers

The cleaner we use on ours is bloody brutal stuff. I wouldn't touch cars paintwork with it, considering the majority of Fire Engines are plastic with metal shutters.

Titanium 182 FF
Nice Tom, headlights need De-tangoing!
I'm looking forward to buying some new products for mine and giving it a good going over.

The cleaner we use on ours is bloody brutal stuff. I wouldn't touch cars paintwork with it, considering the majority of Fire Engines are plastic with metal shutters.

Not talking about modern fire engines. Old classic stuff.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Thats a cracking job there. I love cleaning my car but I am finding it hard actually get out to do it with a decents days weather, plus working most weekends now.

Changes to often
looks lovely, the light tinting of the rear lights really suits the blackgold colour