ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car, contains VTEC

Will go either way on here, could of had something else yes, but always wanted one, decided to get something "Cheap" rather than an M3 that i was originally looking at, as im saving up to move out, its not a step up from the clio, but the engine is awesome, and the gearbox is something else, my priorities now are moving out, then i can get something abit "bigger".

DSC_0241.gif

recardos.gif

rinterior.gif

DSC_0035.gif

30th anniversary edition, Red Recaros, red carpets, standard rear tints.

Only mods are, Facelift headlights and braided brake hoses.

Comments welcome :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really really like the look of these.

I cannot believe it, but in 10 or so years in the motor trade i've never even been in one let alone driven one!

Weak link is the steering and how they look. Other than that cracking car. Like you say great engine and sublime box.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Spoon, manifold and system, honestly it will sound amazing..........., make the clio sound like a fart in a tin.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Good choice, overall mate. JDM ARB sorts the front out, no end.

Spoon N1, B Pipe and TODA manifold: Epic combo.

Gruppe M, too. ;)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Ugly car, drove a mates that is modded engine and suspension and still didn't feel right.

It's a good example but not my sort of thing but that's my opinion, oh and the non anniversary one is common as anything round here.

Lynden

Great car. Just sold one before I got the clio. Never had to put any more than a tyre on it in all the time I owned it, absolutely clockwork.

A few things got on my tits. It has the turning circle of a small moon, making day to day maneuvers a bit of a pain in the arse, you have to take out and unbolt the whole center console to swap the stereo and, weirdly, there isnt a single clock in the whole bloody car!

But, yeah, its a fabulous car and deceptively practical. Did center parcs with the wife, baby and m-i-l, luggage and all and did the whole trip quite comfortably in it.

How do you find it compares to the clio?

No way near as quick, but its unfair to compare really. Reasonably comfy, again though the clio was on coilovers so its going to be. It handles really well out of the box IMO, the steering is weird to get used to, as it doesnt feel that direct, but it still responds well.

Its alot more composed at higher speeds, and the engine and gearbox are awesome.

Build quality is second to none, everything works as it should, typical japanese i imagine.

Overall im happy. Few select mods and ill leave it.

On the above, gearstick position is awesome!!

Great car. Just sold one before I got the clio. Never had to put any more than a tyre on it in all the time I owned it, absolutely clockwork.

A few things got on my tits. It has the turning circle of a small moon, making day to day maneuvers a bit of a pain in the arse, you have to take out and unbolt the whole center console to swap the stereo and, weirdly, there isnt a single clock in the whole bloody car!

But, yeah, its a fabulous car and deceptively practical. Did center parcs with the wife, baby and m-i-l, luggage and all and did the whole trip quite comfortably in it.

Yeh slighlty annoying about the Headunit thing, and no clock is unusual, took me a few minutes to realise :)

Charged Superleggera
very nice mate. The k20 is one of the best engines honda ever made ad they do handle nicely too. both of my friends have got ep3's and they are great fun. Also as said a toda, spoon n1 and b pipe would set it off nicely :)

S23

The Cleee-O
Awesomeee! Love these. Would love to have one someday. Hope you enjoy it, nice example you've got there :)

Nice, never actually seen an Anniversary edition IRL before, we get bucket loads of final edition ones in at work but never once had an Anniversary in.

The noise alone ( with a decent induction set up) makes me want one.

VTEC is abit quiet in standard form, so i think the first thing will be an induction kit. The TEGIWA looks good, im not paying £800 for a gruppeM tbh :)

Felt weird on the way to work revving it to 8k+ and it didnt sound like it was falling to pieces

The clio is a nicer drive. Speedwise, theres not a lot in it. Day to day, you can drive the clio faster because of the steering. You have to rev the balls out of both of them to get what you want, though. When I first got the type-r it took me a while to get used to revving that high. Was good practice for the clio, tbh ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
they are nice cars the handling isnt exactly bad just not right. lol my mates just had to have a new 3rd gear which aint cheap. his has an apexi filter on and sounds well if a little loud.

Turbos.
I love the way everyone starts a "I'm thinking of getting an M3....a Veyron etc." and then winds up with another hatchback..LOL.

Love the red Recaros and interior in general, but never been a fan of the EP3 looks wise. The ride is ridiculously bad too. I'd go for some expensive coilovers, will help the ride and looks massively!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cr4p steering makes for a cr4p car imho. Shame as the engine & box are great.

I understand your reasoning though, and if you wanted something bigger, its more 'fun' than an lcr!!
What dave said.

Although I do love these cars. Cosmic grey is nearly the finest colour on any car. Shame you went Nighthawk but it's still an anni at least!

VTEC is abit quiet in standard form, so i think the first thing will be an induction kit. The TEGIWA looks good, im not paying £800 for a gruppeM tbh :)

Felt weird on the way to work revving it to 8k+ and it didnt sound like it was falling to pieces
Agree on the first part, i've drove a few and i've never felt comfortable reving cars that high but the Honda begged for more, felt great.

Needs mods as Turner said also how hard is it to go to a JDM steering rack?

Keep us updated Ben and more pics required! :)

I love the way everyone starts a "I'm thinking of getting an M3....a Veyron etc." and then winds up with another hatchback..LOL.

Love the red Recaros and interior in general, but never been a fan of the EP3 looks wise. The ride is ridiculously bad too. I'd go for some expensive coilovers, will help the ride and looks massively!

I could go and buy one, but id rather have another hot hatch and a house tbh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What dave said.

Although I do love these cars. Cosmic grey is nearly the finest colour on any car. Shame you went Nighthawk but it's still an anni at least!

I like it, I like it a lot.

I would have gone for grey, but that's just personal preference. Love the seats too.

Oh hi!

Vtec yo Benjamin! How you enjoying it? Does it feel like a massive change from the clio or a side step? I know the clio was modded.