ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car content, contains Boost

Well i haven't really posted on here for quite a while now partly because i have no spare time really and the fact i'd lost quite abit of interest in my 172 cup, after 3 yrs the time had came to finally move on to another car and after a week or 2 of looking i finally decided on this, went and collected it today and have to say what a fun car to drive and how un-expecting it is to many people of just how well it shifts, anyways enough of my ramblings and here's a few pics

$_12.jpg
$_12.jpg
$_12.jpg
$_12.jpg
$_12.jpg
$_12.jpg

Lovely car! Looks great :cool:

I was really tempted by these (before I boosted the clio)

i'd looked and drove VXR's and was disappointed with it tbh on the power side of things, looked at R26's and then thought bugger it i dont want another french and then i seen this and though its something different and not really any about around where i live, completely standard at the moment but i will be looking into a exhaust and map in the future

late 2003 172cup
I was looking at these, you have the best shape but the newer ones have cheaper road tax.
Good standard spec, diff, 6speed and 250-260 bhp standard.

How is it?

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
I'm quite tempted by one, never knew they were that powerful, need to research about it more.

this would be an awesome sleeper, unsuspecting soul wouldn't expect this to shift :D

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
How do they handle the power? Can they go much further or do you need to strap a diff on the front?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
How do they handle the power? Can they go much further or do you need to strap a diff on the front?

They have a diff as standard. They handle the power well, although it gets fun in the wet. Mine wasnt far off 300bhp and jamier27 had one that was around 360 iirc

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Why did you get rid and get the Type R ?

Alan

I got rid to put the money in the bank as it was hardly getting used. Then after about 12 months of just using my works van I was getting bored and so I bought the civic off a mate. Which also doesn't get used so is being sold lol

Well to some it up its fookin brilliant, had a lovely 100odd mile trip home shen i collected it but was steady away as the missus was following me home in her swift sport so wouldnt of been able 2 keep up and the fact she only passed on xmas eve lol.

Yes 6speed LSD 260ish standard form with the torque limited in 1,2 and 3rd gear, i did get chance to put my foot down off a roundabout yesterday and soon as it came on boost the traction control was going like the clappers, yes the tax is high at 400 a year lol but that doesnt bother me. Got to say a few of my mates took the piss of the (family car) with me being 24 but they sharp shut up when they found out whats hiding under the bonnet.

Craig that was my exa t thinking when i looked for 1, the fact not manys about and its a wolf in sheeps clothing and have to be different i suppose ha

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Such a sleeper. I prefer the ones with the bonnet scoop etc, not sure what the models are!

How do these corner?

V6 Exige, GTR R35
nice one, had one of these a few years back, was one of the last mk1's on an 09 plate.

easily tuneable with a front mounted intercooler, down pipe and a remap should see 100hp gain. Mine was running 340hp - theres a thread somewhere on here.

enjoy!

Liam the bonnet scoop is mk2's and not so sleeperish in my eyes, i wanted something what blends in 2 people who dont know much about cars.

Been looking at downpipe etc already, who mapped yours btw?

V6 Exige, GTR R35
sanspeed done the mapping.

downpipe was cobb

FMIC was custom performance engineering (CPE)

induction filter and elbow was also CPE

problem back then was there wasnt many tuners in the UK so the parts had to come from the states.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Sanspeed have a seriously bad rep for mapping mps's.

if you go over 300 you'll need the HPFP too.
mine was 355/409 on bilstein b16's and superleggeras went very well.

join Mps Owners Club on Facebook, loads of crack in there and advice.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
times must of changed jamie, they were the only ones in the uk that would map them in 2009. also didnt need a fuel pump or have any issues with it running lean.

both mine and another guys was mapped there both making similar figures. i know there are a lot more tuners doing it now.

hows things with you anyways, you still got the mps?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
times must of changed jamie, they were the only ones in the uk that would map them in 2009. also didnt need a fuel pump or have any issues with it running lean.

both mine and another guys was mapped there both making similar figures. i know there are a lot more tuners doing it now.

hows things with you anyways, you still got the mps?

Alright stoddie.
yeah I remember sanspeed being the only mappers at the time. I bought mine when a place in north east just started doing them... A few months later I was forged and ready to go big turbo but kept getting problems with fuelling so was fed up with it.
since then had a 147Gta, 335d, 135i, S5, R32, and now a FRS. Probably be sale in a few months for something more appropriate for our Le Mans / south of France trip..

what lovely cars are you running now?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Sanspeed done the mapping on my Punto diesel. Was one of the few trust worthy places around to do it who didn't botch figures. Was on the car for approx 28k in a year and no issues at all.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
There's a number of mps owners that have bad maps so much so that don't think anyone on owners club use them anymore.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
alright mate,
I think I remember something about you getting the 147Gta. how did that one go?

had a few cars since the mps, sold both the porker and mps and got the RS4, that was as dull as hell and got traded in for a GTR which I held onto for a while. along side that I got a JCW mini, then that went for an R32. decided I was pumping too much money into cars so sold the GTR and R32 and got a FRS - held onto that for a while and put the MR375 on it, went away and just decided to chop it in for an exige s and got a clio RS200 as a run around. the clio didn't do it for me so sold that and set out looking for an B4 RS6, found a low miler and spent a lot of time and money getting it up to scratch. Sold the exige as I needed the extra cash for a bigger house. then the gearbox started playing silly buggers on the RS6, paid the £6k to get it fixed then put it up for sale. its been gone a few months now and picked up a new c63 amg wagon in white. it sits in the garage most of the time and has just over 1k on the clock. picked up a 55 plate 182 the other week as a run about so will see what happens with that :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
new c63 amg wagon in white.

You sir need to put a thread up.

OP, I really like these actually. People try to race Clio 182's not realising that they're not 1.2's, but people just don't race Mazda3's. So you don't end up being followed around by the scum of the world.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Impressive array of cars stoddie. I am still considering a RS4, surprised you found it dull? I've never drove one tbh... Would you rather drive the mr375 over the rs4??
love the C63's there's a. Stunning 570bhp wagon for sale on PH at the moment!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
On and the GTA was great, it was my second one and they were both faultless and sold on at a profit.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
problem with the B7 RS4's these days are theyre all rather high mileage and finding a good one in 2009 was hard enough!

Yeah i was disapointed with the RS4, if you have deeper pockets look for a decent RS6, in a way i regret selling that as it was flawless apart from the gearbox, but to keep it and the C63 would of been a bit stupid i think.

always nice when you make a profit on a car, only one ive ever made money on was the 911. biggest hit was on the GTR.....

I guess the company you mentioned been in the North East for the MPS is Possibly Total Mps in Newcastle? Already got a few things in my shopping basket from then but as theyre only a short journey from me il probs just go up and collect the parts