ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car!! - Edition 30 Content ;o)

S3, Polo
I really like the Ed 30's. Though I'd NEVER put up with those seats. Remind me of Burberry. Eurgh.

intake + exhaust + high pressure fuel pump + Stage2+ = 360bhp

Great cars, only gripe I'd have is they don't run the larger front brakes as per the R32 and Leon Cupra... but that's easily changed!

But it doesnt handle 230bhp at the moment, with all that it would just be shocking lol.

Foot down, boooooooossssssssssssttttttttt, undeeeeeeeeeeeersteeeeeeeeer, hedge.

Hello is that Direct Line? Claims department please.

True, but it would be fun on the motorway!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Well, despite me no longer owning a clio, my braking system is now mostly clio based! Why, i hear you ask?

Well Mintex M1144 (MBD1339) rear pads are not only for the clio 1*2, but the saxo/106/306, etc ...

In addition, my Ferodo DS2500 (FCP565H) front pads are for the clio 1*2 and 306 Gti6, & I have the 283mm Gti6 calipers sat in my garage ;)

So, whilst i now drive a sexo, there's still clio flowing through my veins :evil:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Thought id add some pics i took last time i went home to Cornwall.

Decided that the Golf needed to meet the little road from Zennor to St. Ives - try it if you're ever down there, its one of the best i've driven!! Also discovered that the golf can travel ground at a rather fast pace if you really want it to; not very exciting, but a fairly discreet way to devour roads in comfort ;) Brakes fade quickly though, its DSG so i guess it has less engine braking?

Anyway, enjoy :cool:

DSC02349.gif

DSC02351.gif

DSC02355.gif

DSC02356.gif

DSC02361.gif

Also took it to Surrey Rolling Road for a Cliosport meet, managed 228bhp which is right on the button, no doubt tighter than a ducks wotsit, but hey, it sits on the motorway all day long ...

DSC02441.gif

BMW 320d M-Sport
I like it, but I can't help feeling the BMW was better. Has the trip to cornwall and the RR changed your mind on it being as dull as dishwater?

Quite liking the silver, seat styling is a nice change to the standard plain colours too imo :approve:

b/g 182, meg tourer
But it doesnt handle 230bhp at the moment, with all that it would just be shocking lol.

Foot down, boooooooossssssssssssttttttttt, undeeeeeeeeeeeersteeeeeeeeer, hedge.

Hello is that Direct Line? Claims department please.

trust me it can handle more than 230bhp.
my mate at jabbasport has one, think its running 300bhp at the moment at least and the power is very useable. it is insane now its running kw's, 4 pots and r888's :cool:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The driving around Cornwall improved my thoughts on it, but im still not massively impressed tbh. Its a lovely looking car though & as per Daniel - i actually prefer the 5dr shape!! Re: 300 bhp. Cant think of anything worse, the chassis simply isnt able to put down what it has, let alone more.

Might be going soon anyway ...

b/g 182, meg tourer
i disagree.
but thats your opinion so its fair enough. shame you don't really get on with it. lovely car.

53 Clio's & counting
To be fair i can see Dave's point, iv driven plenty of Ed30's and 3 remapped ones (circa 300 bhp) and in a straight line is fine, but when you start to push on it really is too much power for the chassis.

No doubt with better suspension, better ARB's better tyres will help, but thats just part and part of tuning, as with any car

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
i disagree.
but thats your opinion so its fair enough. shame you don't really get on with it. lovely car.

Yes, but he has R888's. The QE2 would go around corners well on them ...

Russ hits the nail on the head, with tuning it could be epic, but as standard, whilst its a fantastic day to day car, its not a particularly impressive hot hatch.

The saxo on the other hand, well :race::D

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Russ hits the nail on the head, with tuning it could be epic, but as standard, whilst its a fantastic day to day car, its not a particularly impressive hot hatch.

Pretty much sums up my exact feelings on my MPS...Great in a straight line but just doesn't inspire confidence in the corners and is pretty dull all things considered.

I have a constant mental battle to not sell it but can't find something suitable to replace it with the little one!

Focus ST-2
Love the BBS rims on these they look well smart! I do like the look of the mk5's but something just puts me off them, think I'd sooner have a 197 or a 200.