ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car - Golf GTI content

Mini Cooper S
Remap, Milltek & 18s would be a good start ;)

Doesn't really need anything else done to it.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of inspiration for you ;)

BoG19286.jpg

Stunning.

You need to do this matt, you'd have the nicest car in halifax lol

My A3's got a Revo Technik stage 1 map on it... had it done about an hour after buying the car. Recommended highly!

Ok well managed to grab some pictures atlast. Had the car for 2 days now and I must say I am very impressed with it. You can tell its a larger car to the 182 when your diving but the steering is very precise and lighter than the clio's (which is a bonus for driving round town).

In terms of performance compared to the Clio, its slower and more sluggish upto about 30 or 40 mph, but when the boost comes in around 3K rpm you get a nice surge of torque and an addictive turbo whistle :) lol

After 40 or 50 mph its definantly alot quicker than the 182 ever was and keeps pulling and pulling :)

Its such a nicer place to sit also, no road noice or rattles what-so-ever, to some this is a negative point, but to me its a big plus point!

To do list: 18" Monza II's and rear bumper half colour coding. Then possibly a remap depending on if the other half gives me the go-ahead lol

Matt.

DSCN0273.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0270.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0276.jpg

DSCN0281.jpg

DSCN0280.jpg

DSCN0282.jpg

Thanks for looking.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Minty McMint. Good plans to. I'd be upgrading the lights as well for either OEM Xenon clusters (pricey) or Xenon style halogen clusters. Think the latter are around £400 a pair from Germany.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Aye, they do look a bit odd when fitted. Makes it look like a Golf Plus. Uncool.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That GTI isn't even that modded so it won't cost you a lot and it'll add value imo.

No audi wheels though.

Good choice.

Lovely car, the modded one looks even nicer, don't think i'd sacrifice comfort for lowering though.

I'm picking up a turbo'd VAG this Saturday, sit in any of them and makes you wonder why you ever put up with a French shitbox.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car, the modded one looks even nicer, don't think i'd sacrifice comfort for lowering though.

I'm picking up a turbo'd VAG this Saturday, sit in any of them and makes you wonder why you ever put up with a French shitbox.

What you getting?

What you getting?

For fear of abuse from the manly Clio brigade i'll keep quiet. Aparently i will fall asleep behind the wheel and it has a "soulless" engine.....
It may have BBS LMs like that last Golf, on it in the future though. It'll make girls drop their panties.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
For fear of abuse from the manly Clio brigade i'll keep quiet. Aparently i will fall asleep behind the wheel and it has a "soulless" engine.....
It may have BBS LMs like that last Golf, on it in the future though. It'll make girls drop their panties.

Souless means they dont break yeah? haha! My 1.8T makes 239bhp so a bit more character than a F4r imo..lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Souless means they dont break yeah? haha! My 1.8T makes 239bhp so a bit more character than a F4r imo..lol

Lol. A 300bhp 1.8t lump has less character than a hoover. Horrible engine. Bombproof, but horrid.

Good choice on the op, great cars.

A car is for getting from A to B not having a chat with, how do certain engines have character?

My new motors got 225bhp standard so enough character i need to get me to work comfortably.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
A car is for getting from A to B not having a chat with, how do certain engines have character?

My new motors got 225bhp standard so enough character i need to get me to work comfortably.

Enjoy the TT. Actually, anything with a MK4 platform. Bora?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Enjoy your 260bhp with just a map..lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol. A 300bhp 1.8t lump has less character than a hoover. Horrible engine. Bombproof, but horrid.

Good choice on the op, great cars.

Your joking right? lol! People even put them in Renaults..If Matt black was on here talking about the 1.8T you'd all brown nose him. He has nothing but love them..

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Your joking right? lol! People even put them in Renaults..If Matt black was on here talking about the 1.8T you'd all brown nose him. He has nothing but love them..
Who's Matt Black? Why would I brown nose him?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just looked at what monza's are and if they are what I think they are please dont get them, look terrible imo.

All the chavs put them on their 1.4's.

Get some wheels like what are on the red golf dan posted imo.

Aright Mike, the Monza's are the Standard wheels mate, the ones I have on are 17's but I'm geting the upgraded 18's. Suit the Golf really well. Want to keep the OEM look.

Sorry about pulling out today buddy, hope it was a good day?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
IS it this?

vw-golf-mk5-gti-with-monza-18s-480x360.jpg

Sorry but its awful :dapprove: Would prefer your wheels now tbh.

Yer was a good day.

None
so are they the same wheels but 1" bigger then?

The ones on the picture on post 38 look wicked, transforms the car, i was behind one just like yours matt coming back from the lakes today but as it was a middle aged woman driving i had no chance of finding out how quick it was :)