ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car, ST!

Picked this up on friday, absolutely loving it! Its a big step up from my 1.4 clio, as you can imagine. Not had chance to clean it yet, mainly because im always driving it!

When i picked it up
DSC00001.gif

After a few days of driving
DSC00003.gif

DSC00004.gif

DSC00005.gif

DSC00006.gif

DSC00007.gif

DSC00008.gif

DSC00009.gif

DSC00010.gif

I had a little do with a 197 R27 last night, and i got d1cked on to be honest lol, it wasnt a fair comparison by any means, but when he booted it up behind me i could tell it would have done me

Any comments welcome, i think it is abit of a marmite car with the stripes, i wasnt much of a fan until i saw them in the metal, and now i love them!

So your not a fan of 1*2's then?

well insurance is a big factor for me, and 2.0 with 150 bhp and group 13 insurance, cant complain!

I do love 1*2's, but didnt want to kill my bank account every month running one, and wanted something totally different from being sat in my dynamique.

Clio 197
I like those!

If it weren't for the extra ££ (more expensive to buy + insure) I'd have got one as my runaround.

In fact... I almost got one (ralf wiggum's still awaiting his snickers bar, lol).

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Certainly the right colour.:)

Always thought the body stripes are too OTT, to large for a smaller car.:dapprove:

MCS R56
Lose the stripes! Other than that, not too bad.

I don't like stripes on any car. Maybe a GT40 but that's it.

When i started looking for one i thought if i cant find one with just the door stripes then il buy one with roof stripes and take them off, but now ive got it i love it how it is

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah. Best colour, if it was mine i'd lose the roof/bonnet stripes, and leave the door ones. Perfect then!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nice :) Was disapointed with the performance when I first drove one, but group 13 insurance is a bonus.

Also check the door pillers for rust!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I do really like the ST in White with the strips :). Whats the 0 -60 time on a ST?. I saw pack a while back from Ford where you will soon be able to up the power (180 + bhp)- I think it was on the Auto Express/Auto Car website?. If they did this I would deffo buy one....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think the viper style stripes are pants mate.

BUT! I love the car. Best colour too. Nice choice mate.

great cars, nice colour too...

however... I sat in one when they came out, and the seats are rubbish! absolutely no latteral support at all!

comfortable to drive nd a like them being a ford fan but not very fast at all imo

Since when was 7.9 0-60 slow? Its by no means rapid but I don't think thats bad for insurance group 13.
I like them, but as said remove the viper stripes and it will be spot on, the door stripes are a nice touch though.

I do really like the ST in White with the strips :). Whats the 0 -60 time on a ST?. I saw pack a while back from Ford where you will soon be able to up the power (180 + bhp)- I think it was on the Auto Express/Auto Car website?. If they did this I would deffo buy one....

0-60 is 7.9. yea ive read a few things about that, not planning on any engine mods just yet. although i think they are supposed to respond very well to breather mods

Megane R26
I got one too, mainly because of only having 2 years NCB insurance. I will be getting a 182/Trophy as soon as the insurance is reasonable.

It's a great car for what it is IMO.

CB600FS
Car looks nice mate - aren't Ford releasing the Fiesta ST in 165 and 185 bhp soon? Exhaust kit or something not sure if you can add it on or if it comes on the car?

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
dosent look to bad mate. i like them with just the door stripes though.

really nice to drive bout at a sensible pace.

when i test drove one though i didnt think it was very quick and seemed to slide abit when pushed.

nice cars though..

Ad

MK2 FRS
looks ok, slow though

Aye not bad for a group 13 car though and the minimal extra performance a 1*2 provides certainly isn't worth the additional £6-700/ year at that age on the insurance :rasp:

Have to agree with Alex.

That combined with the fact they can be had for new for a little over 10k and still worth 7k 3 years on. Great residual. They handle pretty well and are tuneable. Agree the seats while well made, have no lateral support. Driving postion is loads better than the clio though!

Id loose the viper stripes personally!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Grp 13?!

no wonder all the kiddies round here have them

fair play, i like the look of them.. especially in white!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8

0-60 is 7.9. yea ive read a few things about that, not planning on any engine mods just yet. although i think they are supposed to respond very well to breather mods

yer ford are bringing out a 180bhp model identical with looks but well over priced at like 16-18k i cnt quite memba but it was around there silly money specially as new model comes out soon. and the 180bhp verison is no diff only engine wise, and has silly bug lights and tacky rubber coloured dash!

yea the insurance group was a deal breaker. No way can i afford insurance on a group 17 car yet, especially with my 6 points. Loving the interior, seats included lol, and build quality is miles better than my dynamique.