ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car time again

Skoda
Time to change my C63 has come. I've loved having it but with cars of similar performance now having near twice the fuel economy and half the road tax I've decided it makes sense to change.

I just can't decide what to change to. Needs to have similar performance and still put the same smile on my face.

My budget is around £55k so I know theres a lot of options. Been looking at A45, CLA45 and M3/M4 but I don't really know a great deal about any of them. Gonna look at trying to get some test drives soon.

Anyone got experience of them?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
You lucky b*****d. I'd be going for the M3 over the mercs. Everyday of the week.

Listerine & Poledo
Pretty sure you'll feel like you've just downgraded if you got anything smaller than a C/1-series
The A45 may have lots of headline figures, but it's not a real AMG, really.
Pretty sure not-quite-new Maserati V6's should be in your budget, no?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Save up another £10k for one of these? Can't think of anything I'd rather have for under £100k...

Porsche_Cayman_GT4_Red_0803201508.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
New a45 is a nice car, and from what I have heard 500bhp is pretty easy to get....

If it were me though I would be looking at cl65 or s65 amg but prob both over 55k lol

Or the e63 twin turbo simply because a remap takes them to 750bhp lol

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
ive been thinking recently what to do in next few months, sell atom and m135i and I'd have circa 50k but that would be for one car so Mrs would have to share it and ideally chuck dog in so I was thinking b8 rs4, then I started thinking next summer the rs6 will be 50k... Though there is a lovely 2014 c63 507 for 43k on eBay really caught my eye.
But then I start drifting off and think buy the wife a 2k Bmw and me get a Maserati granturismo 4.7 S MC shift or gtr..... Lol

I really miss the v8!

Skoda
ive been thinking recently what to do in next few months, sell atom and m135i and I'd have circa 50k but that would be for one car so Mrs would have to share it and ideally chuck dog in so I was thinking b8 rs4, then I started thinking next summer the rs6 will be 50k... Though there is a lovely 2014 c63 507 for 43k on eBay really caught my eye.
But then I start drifting off and think buy the wife a 2k Bmw and me get a Maserati granturismo 4.7 S MC shift or gtr..... Lol

I really miss the v8!
RS6 is something I've considered too. Very nice car

Skoda
New a45 is a nice car, and from what I have heard 500bhp is pretty easy to get....

If it were me though I would be looking at cl65 or s65 amg but prob both over 55k lol

Or the e63 twin turbo simply because a remap takes them to 750bhp lol
The 65's are out of my budget!!!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
RS6 is something I've considered too. Very nice car

Yeah bonkers quick too, I saw a vid somewhere of one with just a map and did 0-100 in 6.8s! On par with a mclaren f1 lolzz

In that primer grey colour they look awesome...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the RS6 is a proper Ferrari eater.

Hmmm 55k. Do you want another Merc?

Does 55k buy a new M3?

Those C63s just sound utterly brilliant, I'd miss the noise.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
997 Turbo? Gen 1 of course. Boss' gets 30mpg when trying.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
172 and keep the change !! as Daniel said cant see you finding many people with a 55k BUDGET on here FLOL