ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car... trouble selling the old one :O(

Ford Racing Puma
Hey guys

Got my new car sorted, and love it... Always wanted one of these chappies, and finally I have one!!

MannRS

Since getting her, I've bluefinned, full exhaust etc and it is WICKED fun to drive.

However, I'm struggling to sell my 182 and wanted your views? Just reduced the price to £8,000 for an arctic blue 04 plate ff with cup packs,which has been tuned up too. She has ITG maxogen, janspeed exhaust, group n ecu, brembo max discs and yellow stuff pads, new PE2's, etc etc.

Its been listed on ebay, pistonheads and autotrader for 10 days now, and I've just reduced the price to £8k.

Is this too much?? Should I also be advertising elsewhere, and if so - where? How long is the average 'wait' time to sell a car as I need to free up the cash! The blo0dy focus DRINKS petrol (like 180miles out of a 55 litre tank)

Advice would be MUCH appreciated!

Cheers

182 Full Fatt!
Firstly, NICE MOTOR! I'd love to change the Impreza for one of these but having read your fuel moans I think not! Got that problem already!

How many miles has the 182 done? I just paid £7400 for our 48K 182 FF with both cup packs. Gives you an idea. Drop the price as low as you dare if you wanna shift it, otherwise just be patient!

Also, if you wanna really shift it, AUTOTRADER!

Ford Racing Puma
Firstly, NICE MOTOR! I'd love to change the Impreza for one of these but having read your fuel moans I think not! Got that problem already!

How many miles has the 182 done? I just paid £7400 for our 48K 182 FF with both cup packs. Gives you an idea. Drop the price as low as you dare if you wanna shift it, otherwise just be patient!

She's done 29k, on an 04 plate...

And cheers!! I love the Focus SO much. It shifts some now too, especially with the mods. Sound of the Milltek is proper WRC stuff. Fuel bill is steep though... especially as my clio did 250 miles + out of a tank (which is 15 litres less!)

Not a Clio anymore.....
Fantastic RS!! Saw one for 9k Cat D the other day and was sorely tempted but just wouldn't be able to run it with the mileage I do and the tax is going to £400 next year for that by the looks of things!

A mate of mine had a tuned 04 plate 182 and sold it a wee while ago for £7700 so if you put it up for 8k ono I would reckon someone will snap it up. Good luck

Meg on pistonheads £6995
autotrader defo - I've sold 3 cars same day on there!

P.S: search facility is very unsophisticated, so if you list that it has been serviced every 12000, it will be found in searches for cars under 20K, first oil change at 1500 will list it as lowest priced in cars under 5000 miles!!

P.P.S: photos sell cars - mint it up with tyre shine and add at least 8 pics all round

Ford Racing Puma
autotrader defo - I've sold 3 cars same day on there!

P.S: search facility is very unsophisticated, so if you list that it has been serviced every 12000, it will be found in searches for cars under 20K, first oil change at 1500 will list it as lowest priced in cars under 5000 miles!!

P.P.S: photos sell cars - mint it up with tyre shine and add at least 8 pics all round

Its on autotrader already but can't seem to edit ad ?

Pics are OK I think - have a look http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/151554.htm and let me know what you think!

Ford Racing Puma
Fantastic RS!! Saw one for 9k Cat D the other day and was sorely tempted but just wouldn't be able to run it with the mileage I do and the tax is going to £400 next year for that by the looks of things!

A mate of mine had a tuned 04 plate 182 and sold it a wee while ago for £7700 so if you put it up for 8k ono I would reckon someone will snap it up. Good luck

Cheers mate. £400 !?!? :eek: Bl00dy hope not !!

Got someone sniffing around the car from ebay this morning. I suspect he wants it standard though, which'll be a pain. Only have the original airbox so could retrofit that and sell the maxogen (lovely bit of kit too).

The rest is unremovable - the exhaust isn't too loud really so shouldn't put him off ?!