ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Never read a bad word about ARC. However, with filter being almost in the wing is it really needed?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Just an update of the strut braces put in last week taken on phone .

WP_20131231_003_zps56a4f620.jpg

WP_20131231_001_zpsc34fac1a.jpg

LY R26 #288
Oh dear, Well I'd offer a hand but unfortunately I'm up at the Evo triangle all this weekend lol.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
List for the weekend is

Oil and filter
one grade colder spark plugs
fuel filter
Greedy intercooler
SPAL big fan
GTS-Chris big Shroud
Re cir mod to HKS dump valve
turn boost up to 1.2 bar
test everything

Fuel filter should be easy enough :)

LY R26 #288
Your gonna be a busy boy. Can you turn up the boost without adjusting the mapping to accommodate?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Old skool boost lol

Yes will need to check AFR but car is all set up and ok at 1.1 bar and ECU is very good at working this out and owners have all done this with no problems even at 1.3 bar but then this is getting close to the fuel pumps limit

Your gonna be a busy boy. Can you turn up the boost without adjusting the mapping to accommodate?

LY R26 #288
What boost do they run as standard?

On the old punto gt's we had to chip the ecu if we wanted to up the boost.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Think I will now only turn the boost to 1.15 not 1.2 bar when the intercooler goes in after a fun run with a BMW E90 M3 LOL

Fiesta ST Stage 3
What a pain of a fu*king job this is LOL

And iv cross threaded my BOV too so im going for a curry and beer and will have another go tomorrow LOL

Fiesta ST Stage 3
No not yet done all the hard work and just need to bolt up everything but the x 2 conectors in the kit were too small :mad: so will need to order them and finish off at the week end .

One of the most hard installs iv ever done had the car in bits , wings off body off belts off lol

Some pic below of the fight

WP_20140112_0051_zps0cec4de2.jpg

WP_20140112_0041_zps24eefd76.jpg

WP_20140112_0071_zps2ff2c7a4.jpg

WP_20140112_0061_zps33191a32.jpg

And one of the old intercooler and shroud

WP_20140112_0081_zps7de6f94c.jpg

and the damage LOL

WP_20140112_0091_zps9e663398.jpg

You manage to sort it in the end?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
mad amount of work to fit it LOL

There is just no space and its in so tight .

Just need to get the hose and then fit it check for boost leak then tweek the boost to 1.15 BAR then we are done

alan

Lol. Oh well atleast you got there in the end. Lot of work to fit an intercooler.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Stock one is pants and I was running a risk using it with the extra BHP .

The new Greedy one is over x 2 the size of the old one with bigger inlet and out let pipes and the fan is bigger too :)

Oh right cool fair enough. Looks far better than the standard one anyway.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
And we are done at last but i will still need to get some better pipes but this will do for now .

Just need to go and check for leeks and then up the boost to 1.15 BAR .

WP_20140118_0031_zps52dd143b.jpg

WP_20140118_0011_zpscda8ba44.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Ok so iv finished the intercooler and put the boost to 1.15 Bar and will check this with AFR at Surrey rolling road on the 08/02/14 on on another run before .

I have fitted front and rear strut braces .

Have put new coil pack , HT leads , Dizzy and roter arm in and just done another full service with fuel filter oil + filter and x 1 grade colder plugs ( grade 7 NGK ) and a new HKS foam filter for the induction .

A few other bits are hi performance bulbs ( ring 120 % ones and matching LED side light ) and some TRD bits ( gear knob , oil cap rad cap ) .

I have a break stopper to put in as well but im not sure what to do next from the below two options ?

Break upgrade with new disc Hi performance pads , SS brake lines .

Front and rear White line ARB and new drop links .

What do people think should be next

Regards

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
It prevents the bulkhead from flexing, it gives a firmer feel to the pedal.

One bolt is already present on the stock front bulkhead in front of rad to secure it, you can add another as there is a hole in the stopper, you then adjust the arm out to brace the master cylinder and lock it off.

What does it do?