ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New CAT on 182

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Should get it back this afternoon. Small hole in it - Manufacturing fault I am told. I thought I could hear it blowing after about 200 miles and only because I garage it everynight.

£583 !!!!!!!! Mine is an import, but they were fine about it on warranty, think i found a good reno dealer ?!?

However, that works out at 5% the value of the car ... f*k me!! Heart breaking stuff if you have to fork that out.

dk

911 GTS Cab

not sure if i would be able to tell it was blowing as it sounds like that normally anyway? Glad you got it sorted and under warranty without any problems.

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 07 May 2004

Should get it back this afternoon. Small hole in it - Manufacturing fault I am told. I thought I could hear it blowing after about 200 miles and only because I garage it everynight.

£583 !!!!!!!! Mine is an import, but they were fine about it on warranty, think i found a good reno dealer ?!?
An import Clio from the EU has the normal 3 yr warently the same as any Uk dealership car.

There a letter you need to send to Renault Uk though to ensure you get the second and 3rd year warently added to your car. Its been posted on the site a few time do a search for it.

I was told that an engine on a 172/182 costs about £7k if you ever needed a complete replacement. I know its the heart of the car but thats getting on for a gob smacking 50%!

Quote: Originally posted by ClioKev on 07 May 2004

I was told that an engine on a 172/182 costs about £7k if you ever needed a complete replacement. I know its the heart of the car but thats getting on for a gob smacking 50%!
The code for a complete 172 engine is

77 01 472 168 ENG F4R730(172)C2 £2540.16 ex vat

There are some other bits youd need ie ecu but thats almost all of an 172 engine.

The most expensive engine is the 1.5 dci one at £3.5k even the V6 is cheaper.