ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio! 1.2 TCE turbo dynamic 100

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I've had my very first car for nearly a year now, it was a 2005 1.4 dynamic. Great little first car, gonna be sad to see it go tbh, it was perfect. I had a lot of plans for it tbh, wanted it lowering, pro 1.2's etc etc. Just recently it's been starting to have a few problems and as the miles are clocking up now I thought rather than throwing money into it ill upgrade. Here is the old one, 2 of my favourite pictures:

PicsArt_1351534339575.jpg

PicsArt_1351534552339.jpg

I know it is nothing special compared to others on here but I bloody loved it!

Here is what I've part exchanged her for:

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

2008 1.2 TCE Turbo dynamic 100. Only 1 owner with 25,000miles. It's like new inside! Really happy with it.

Only dealer pictures atm, pic it up Saturday afternoon so if the weather is good ill give it a quick clean and get some decent pictures up.
Dont really have any plans yet so if you guys have any ideas for simple and effective 'mods' let me know. The real plan is to not spend too much money on this and save so I can afford a Renault Sport when the insurance is a bit more friendly!

let me know what you think - dan

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I know I really like them! But came across this and got a really good deal for it so went for it.

Im not sure yet, I need some opinions I think :)

RB 182
Colour code the black plastics (ijust had this done on mine, really smartens it up)
Lower it a bit seen as standard is a monster truck... and add some spacers
Gt spolier
maybe a alloy collour change?

these are my personal thoughts anyway

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Colour code the black plastics (ijust had this done on mine, really smartens it up)
Lower it a bit seen as standard is a monster truck... and add some spacers
Gt spolier
maybe a alloy collour change?

these are my personal thoughts anyway

I was thinking about colour coding you have any pics?
Im also thought about getting the alloys sprayed gloss bblack
are the RS front grills a straight swap like the ph2's are? If so I wanna get one!

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I did something similar for my first-second car
I had a mk2 Campus and went into a mk3 TCE - its a decent upgrade, the TCE engine is excellent for the size of it, really decent power.
Enjoy it mate :)

I know what you mean about the engine. I was worried about going from a 1.4 to a 1.2 but when I went on a test drive it felt quicker/just as good as my 1.4 ..can't wait, cheers! :)

Clio 197
I had one of them loved it except mine was 1.4 I ended up lowering it, spacers and having Sx kit along with colour coding bumpers and rs grill, you will end up spending a fortune lol don't get into modding its addictive lol.

nice car you have got there bud

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Hi I'm also called Dan and I also traded in my first car, a mk2 ph2 (albeit a 1.2) for a mk3 TCE almost 2 years ago now.

You'll love it, it's like night & day compared to the mk2. Lowering and spacers are a must, not just for looks but for cornering's sake also...

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Okay so when I posted this I said keep it simple not spend too much and save for a RS... I've already changed my mind, I love the idea of a GT spoiler, lowering and spacers !

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I had one of them loved it except mine was 1.4 I ended up lowering it, spacers and having Sx kit along with colour coding bumpers and rs grill, you will end up spending a fortune lol don't get into modding its addictive lol.

nice car you have got there bud

Cheers man! The RS grill, is it a simple straight swap like it is with the PH2's ?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
you can fit one of these its also know as the classic/ sx spoiler / sport spoiler
DSC00419-2.jpg

the Gt

DSC00006.jpg

the gt is recessed where the thrid brake light is it uses a different boot lid

rs grill is another worthwhile mod
barentin069re3fy1.jpg

Thanks! I agree with the RS Grill.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Renault-Clio-III-197-200-GT-Rear-Back-Spoiler-Genuine-/16/!B3LfeLwBmk~$(KGrHqN,!ikE)q-i4ni,BMlR7P!jN!~~_12.JPG
^
Could one of these spoilers be fitted to my current boot lid do you know?

Thanks! I agree with the RS Grill.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Renault-Clio-III-197-200-GT-Rear-Back-Spoiler-Genuine-/16/!B3LfeLwBmk~$(KGrHqN,!ikE)q-i4ni,BMlR7P!jN!~~_12.JPG
^
Could one of these spoilers be fitted to my current boot lid do you know?

should do its i guess a copy of the cup spoiler
Renault_sport_cup_spoiler_Clio_RS.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
i drive the tce with the world series bodykit on it looks ace :) and yea your right its has a good amount of power for being a 1.2.... gone from 1.2 mk2 till mk3 seen a big difference only thing i dislike with the mk3 is the lack of room u have in the engine bay and the fact to change a lightbulb you must take of the front bumper or "take it to your local renault dealer"

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
i drive the tce with the world series bodykit on it looks ace :) and yea your right its has a good amount of power for being a 1.2.... gone from 1.2 mk2 till mk3 seen a big difference only thing i dislike with the mk3 is the lack of room u have in the engine bay and the fact to change a lightbulb you must take of the front bumper or "take it to your local renault dealer"

I think the World Series in white look f**king awesome! There was one just come into the garage I got my new clio from but it wasn't forsake yet so I couldn't get it :( I did have look in the engine bay and I agree it does look tight! Really?! Damn! Haha

Clio tce
Any pics of the world series kit...!

Tce is a good choice of engine it is a nippy one. Responds well to a few breathing mods.

The sx kit looks good IMO. Mine is dynamique sx and lowered 40mm and spaced 25 each at rear and 20 each at front.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Any pics of the world series kit...!

Tce is a good choice of engine it is a nippy one. Responds well to a few breathing mods.

The sx kit looks good IMO. Mine is dynamique sx and lowered 40mm and spaced 25 each at rear and 20 each at front.

it looks nice mate! My old clio was black they look good when they're clean! Haha

Clio III ph1
I was thinking about colour coding you have any pics?
Im also thought about getting the alloys sprayed gloss bblack
are the RS front grills a straight swap like the ph2's are? If so I wanna get one!

My clio is the same colour (and engine :D) and I did some of the changes you are talking about.

Coloured black plastic:
stootstrips2.JPG

Coloured plastic:
Maastricht2.jpg

RS front grills:
Maastricht3.jpg

Clio III ph1
Thx for the compliment, every time I see my clio I'm happy with the RS grill, so it's indeed worthwhile. Extra info about the car, I lowered it 30 mm and the rims are AEZ Xylo in 16".
The RS grill doesn't fit directly. You have to make the space wider. See the red mark for the part that I made wider:
P1040769.jpg

The article number in our country for the RS grill: 77 01 209 318
But I don't know if this number is the same in other countries?

Last edited:
  Superleggera'd MK3
Looking good mate, wanna keep my eye on this as its practically the same project as mine :) u gonna go for coilys or springs?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yes you can, you just cant change from a gt spoiler without changing the bootlid because of how its bonded

but to fit a gt spoiler, just tigerseal the s**t out of it and a coupld of bolts iirc

its a different boot lid matey.

you should get it remapped, my mates mapped one destroys me once above 80mph in the twingo!

Superleggera'd MK3
Not done masses yet as i havent had it long. It was part modded already but a bit.....chavy. So trying to make it more oem before i do what i want. So far i have hidden the exhaust behind the bumper, debadged it, i have the bumper strips at the sprayers getting colour coded as we speak. Then gonna save for aps coilys and new tyre/alloys. Also gonna get some silvervisions and 197grille in the meantime :)