ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 172 Owner - Help Needed

Renault Clio Sport 172
Hi all,

Just bought an '02 Renault Clio Sport 172 yesterday and loving it already! Previoulsy had a Peugeot 206 GTI and a Rover 200vi and this is certainly the most fun to drive. Have great plans for this little beauty though it does however have a few problems I was hoping you guys would be able to help me with:-

(1) There is a grinding noise when I put it into reverse and am turning, sort of like a brake-style metal on metal screech.

(2) A bit of a clunk when moving off sometimes, sort of like a click and seems to be noisiest by the passenger side wheel - though it may just be me getting used to the clutch.

(3) Randomly the stop and handbrake lights will light up and then go back off. Not very often though seems to be when going up/down steeper hills.

(4) One of the light washers in the bumper is leaking.

(5) The digital display seems to be randomly losing digits - sometimes its fine and then they seem to drop out.

Really looking for any help on what could be the issue, is it an easy fix (I'm relatively competent in taking cars to bits - not always putting them back together though :eek:) and what will I need to do it?

Many thanks,

8ulldog

Clio 182FF
Greets!

The clunk when moving off - mine does this and I have no idea what it is.

The washer jets for the lights are known for leaking. Invovles either replacing the jets (they're cheap enough), fitting new one way valves or fitting new one way valves the wrong way so water can't flow to them (so they never leak!).

Renault Clio Sport 172
Thanks - think I'll probably replace them - I understand its a bumper removal job?

8ulldog