ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Advice

Ive only done ~ 400 miles in my new 172, love it to bits. Thing is, I cant drive til at least the new year, which means 6 weeks sitting idle on the drive. Sounds stupid I know, but is there anything I need to be doing during this time to keep her happy?

Cheers,

Chris.

Oops.... shes not turned over for 10 days - as soon as I saw the replies I hobbled outside to start her up - thankfully she started first turn!

Thanks all

Chris

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Im in the same situation mate. hopefully Ill be able to drive my 172 after wed afternoon. I tried rolling mine off the drive the other day and the rear driver side wheel was locked solid!! pumped the brake pedal a few times still no joy so in the end stuck it in reverse to free it off.

Id get someone to take it for a little drive. Mines been off the road since August. I start it about every 3 days or so, and had someone take for a couple of runs (only a couple of miles).

Put it in a garage if you can, or someone on here will be happy to give it a home for 6 weeks!!!:)

GirlRacer has only done about 5000 miles in over 18months in her 172, pm her and ask her what she does to keep it A1 when not being driven. Im sure shell have some advice.

nice one - thanks all, appreciate it :D

I bet they would Viv! Sounds bad I know, but not even my wifes allowed to drive it ;) My first ever new car nall... Im quite a sight here, I keep a close eye on the paintwork - any bird muck & Im there, struggling on crutches washing the stuff off! Bit sad really, but Im dead chuffed with the car - so far!