ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio and Renault wind

Clio 200 Silverstone
What are your opinions on the

A) Clio 4.

All I've received since I put the photo on Facebook and showed it to people are comments about how people think it's hideous :( It's a shame really it's a nice car and the nose is beautiful :D

B) Renault Wind

I think it looks really smart and different for a Renault and is a good looker and definitely a stand out car among all the others and would definitely get.

What are your opinion on the two cars? I'm more interested into the new clio opinions :D

Thanks a million guys and galls

My fiancé has owned her Wind GT from new on an 11 plate, its been faultless in that time too covering almost 10k. It has the 1.2 TCE engine with 100bhp.

I know the looks are marmite but for a girl to own I think they look great but only in black imo lol. I have to say though when I drive it I really enjoy it, it has conti sport 3s all round & the chassis is basically a mk2 clio so the handling is great & the 1.2 turbo is a very lively little engine. The driving position is also really good. It returns around 44mpg town driving & drops to about 40 on a blast out.

The plastics used on the interior are very cheap looking/feel to them which isnt great but its the same as what's found in the twingo inc the RS twingo. Ours has all the options leather, climate control & aux/USB connections & Bluetooth. The sound system in it is a million times better quality than my 172 & on par with the 197 imo.

If your after a little two seater they are good choice.

I think it would look cool on some spacers & lowered :)

91290FE8-1BA5-4477-8547-B6275ADFFBDF-6113-0000038D094F6A1C.jpg

Clio 4 can look hideous and also really good, its all about how its spec'd......go for French blue or Mercury with black alloys and your on to a winner. I've also heard Flame Red is making a return!

Wind is marmite, for the price its quite decent but defo for a female IMO.

Mini Cooper S sport
I love the Wind, I think they look great. They should have done a 2.0l sport version, that would have been bloody awesome.

Unfortunately they're all show and no go.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The wind is horrendous looking, inside and out. You know it's bad when a 7 year old Mk2 Tigra feels luxury inside in comparison.

What an ugly car. How they got it so bad with the Wind and the Mmegane CC i'll never know!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I think the wind is pretty cool tbh. Handling by tweeked Renaultsport iirc?

The wind was build by renault sport due to renault not having enough time to build them themselfs, should have badged them RS & dropped a F4R in.

Its alright saying get a TT instead but with that comes more insurance & s**t mpg compared to the wind, my fiancè had a mk2 tigra & omg that was shite in everyway.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
elia wind looks awesome lol!!..
Elia-Wind-GT-R-560x373-10a79c7474ce82f6.jpg

Elia-Wind-GT-R-560x373-deb960e0c96f41a4.jpg

Elia-Wind-GT-R-560x373-6b21832841206671.jpg

The wind wasnt like the twingo where they ran different suspension setups for the GT 1.2tce and the renaultsport 1.6 16v 133, the wind all runs the Twingo RS suspension setup regardless of engine, which means the 1.2 TCE handles the same, both are ment to be a really good drive but ive never had a shot in one.

later ones with the silver wheels are much nicer