ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clio edc owner to be

clio edc lux cup pk
Hi All
just joined the forum as Im due to take ownership of a new clio 200 edc within a few weeks.
Any advice out there?
Any recommended modifications? I have cup pack but no renaultsport monitor. Can the monitor be added afterwards?

thanks

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Not that much info on the edc here sadly dude. No one has brought one. :(
Im sure the rs monitor couldnt be added to the older 250s or 200s so i doubt it can to the edc. You never know tho.
A simple remap should do the job as far as mods go.
What colour have you gone for?

clio edc lux cup pk
from what I have read they are getting mixed reviews. I hadn't intended getting one initially and was a bit of an impulse buy but really liked it. Traded in my 265 trophy. I know what people will say, that I'm stupid, but it is going to cost me significantly less each month.
I've opted for white lux with cup pack so black 18s. I not too fussed about the rs monitor and understand it couldn't be added retrospectively on earlier models. I rarely use it on my trophy but with the tech being as it is in the clio, I thought it more likely it could be added in later. Ive asked Renault the question so will let the forum know if they respond.

from what I have read they are getting mixed reviews. I hadn't intended getting one initially and was a bit of an impulse buy but really liked it. Traded in my 265 trophy. I know what people will say, that I'm stupid, but it is going to cost me significantly less each month.
I've opted for white lux with cup pack so black 18s. I not too fussed about the rs monitor and understand it couldn't be added retrospectively on earlier models. I rarely use it on my trophy but with the tech being as it is in the clio, I thought it more likely it could be added in later. Ive asked Renault the question so will let the forum know if they respond.

From what I've seen so far, most of the people who have driven one actually really liked them (and the auto box), the people who have not are just reading what EVO/TopGear etc said.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've only driven a 1.2 Mk4 Clio and really enjoyed it (despite the lack of power). I can only imagine that a 200EDC would be a cracking car to own.

Rs200t lux
Hi
I've had mine for over a year now and had lots of build problems and a rubbish supplying dealer
Mostly due to loose bolts , connectors etc
Car a little boring in normal drive mode
Renault mpg figure a lot of shite you'll struggle for 30 on normal driving
Gearbox doesnt like going down gears towards a junction many people saying it gets all tied up between 2 and 1 , mine does it now and again has a little brain fade at junction where it won't decide what gear it wants its like a false neutral
But all the problems can be sorted by pushing the little button into race mode and the car turns into a little demon
Stick with the standard exhaust as it makes the best pops and bangs
I made the mistake of spending a grand on a exhaust and it sounds rubbish compared to the standard and only made 3bhp
Brakes great no complaints yet
Seats very good as well
Front tyres do about 10000 plus before renewal. About £150 each if you stick with standard 18s
Rears still like new at 12000
As I said before stick it in race and enjoy
Cheers Don

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
We have just put a new 15 plate on demo, drove it today, forgotten how good they are. Really is rapid in RS mode.

clio edc lux cup pk
thanks for the feedback. wow mpg is a shock so about the same as my 265 trophy! I was hoping to see a real difference in running costs. Tyres sound the same as the Trophy too but that's just what youre going to have to live with when you own a powerful front wheel drive car I suppose. I would get about 8000 miles out of my front tyres on the Trophy (inc track day) and the rears only just need doing now after 30,000
Has anyone here had one remapped yet?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
thanks for the feedback. wow mpg is a shock so about the same as my 265 trophy! I was hoping to see a real difference in running costs. Tyres sound the same as the Trophy too but that's just what youre going to have to live with when you own a powerful front wheel drive car I suppose. I would get about 8000 miles out of my front tyres on the Trophy (inc track day) and the rears only just need doing now after 30,000
Has anyone here had one remapped yet?
Hi i took advice and decided agsinst the remap, drives fine as it is, front tyres are still good and up to 12k miles on original dunlops, all ive had done is the tracking from when i bumped up a kerb. Might change the oil soon not sure if you use oe elf or somthing ester like this motul sport stuff. Enjoy:)

LY 200 EDC LUX
Welcome mate,

Owned mine since November and absolutely love it. I'm just about to return to the UK after 8 weeks of being in Jordan, I cannot describe how excited I am to drive my 200 EDC again!! I don't know where all the negativity for this car comes from (apart from the pistonheads forum bandwagon fanboys). It really is a great all rounder, and, as mentioned earlier, once in race mode, it REALLY comes alive! Take a look at the 'Chris Harris' review on YouTube for a decent, honest review!

clio edc lux cup pk
Welcome mate,

Owned mine since November and absolutely love it. I'm just about to return to the UK after 8 weeks of being in Jordan, I cannot describe how excited I am to drive my 200 EDC again!! I don't know where all the negativity for this car comes from (apart from the pistonheads forum bandwagon fanboys). It really is a great all rounder, and, as mentioned earlier, once in race mode, it REALLY comes alive! Take a look at the 'Chris Harris' review on YouTube for a decent, honest review!
have you had yours remapped?

Clio200 EDC Lux
Had mine for 6 months now, apart from a few glitches with the rlink the car itself has been faultless. I find the normal auto mine is great for everyday driving as mentioned the sport / race mode really make the car come alive and the pops and bangs are great too!
Hate to say it but haven't used the launch control yet! LOL.

Clio sport 4
Just read about ur glitches on the rlink system I thought it was just mine is there any ways to sort it and stop it had mine about a month and had to restore it 3 times

LY 200 EDC LUX
What issues are you having with the rlink system? I've just had mine updated and it's working perfectly?
I used the launch control the day I got it......haven't used it since lol!

Clio sport 4
Lol tbh I did the same the issues are that the Bluetooth will b workin then turn it self off and the radio will only section will stay on 1 station

Clio sport 4
Not yet I got to take it in this week anyway so I will ask them wen I go plus the USB port dnt recognise my iPhone but recongnises my iPod

LY 200 EDC LUX
Yep, sounds like it needs updating. My Aux port wasn't selectable on screen. Took it in, had it updated, jobs a good un'. Did you get the recall?

LY 200 EDC LUX
Liquid yellow. I got a compliment from the petrol station lady today on how nice the color was lol!

Renault Clio 200 EDC
Hello from Sweden :)
I just ordered a new Renault Clio Sport 200 EDC. Liquid Yellow with Cup package. Expected delivery is in 3-4 months.

What I have read about the car is that sport "journalists" only major grief is the EDC-transmission. But as I wanted a car with AT this seems to be the perfect fit.
Funnily enough the car beats the Ford Fiesta ST and Peugeot 208 GTI on all tests including performance, comfort but as it happens to have a "flappy padel gearbox" it's "not as good".
And of course everyone and their mother in UK/US is saying Ford as it's an American Automaker.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hello from Sweden :smile:
I just ordered a new Renault Clio Sport 200 EDC. Liquid Yellow with Cup package. Expected delivery is in 3-4 months.

What I have read about the car is that sport "journalists" only major grief is the EDC-transmission. But as I wanted a car with AT this seems to be the perfect fit.
Funnily enough the car beats the Ford Fiesta ST and Peugeot 208 GTI on all tests including performance, comfort but as it happens to have a "flappy padel gearbox" it's "not as good".
And of course everyone and their mother in UK/US is saying Ford as it's an American Automaker.
I drove one at Brands at a Renaultsport day and thought it was a cracking car. The gearbox is a funny one, because there is a delay even when in Race mode- despite it still being a quicker change than a manual and that clicking it a moment earlier solves any late change issues I couldn't find it detracted from the experience a tad. I'd still have one though, maybe in a few years.

clio edc lux cup pk
I haven't experienced any issues with the R-link although the usb is faulty and wont charge my iphone. it intermittently connects and disconnects. I was going to book it in and when I do ill ask about the recall as I knew nothing about it.
I have enquired with superchips to see if a custom re-map could alter the gear change speed in standard mode and they replied 'not yet'. Does anyone think this could be possible?

has anyone downloaded anything decent onto their SD card yet? I cant log into myrenault account so haven't looked yet

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I haven't experienced any issues with the R-link although the usb is faulty and wont charge my iphone. it intermittently connects and disconnects. I was going to book it in and when I do ill ask about the recall as I knew nothing about it.
I have enquired with superchips to see if a custom re-map could alter the gear change speed in standard mode and they replied 'not yet'. Does anyone think this could be possible?

has anyone downloaded anything decent onto their SD card yet? I cant log into myrenault account so haven't looked yet
I wouldn't mess with anything ECU related in warranty, ESPECIALLY gearbox related. Call me cautious and it's your money, but I'd play it safe.

Rs200t lux

Hi
My r-link used to work ok with the usb lead but not Bluetooth when I bought the car but when they updated it suddenly the Bluetooth worked and the USB port started doing what yours does , no charge and cuts on and off
It works ok with android but not apple but Renault have told me it's not their fault iPhones are not compatable
What was out first the iPhone or the r-link
Obviously the iPhone was so you would think Renault would make the r link compatible
No not Renault
I've found some r/links work with iPhones and some don't but I do know there is different versions of the r/links so maybe a software issue on some of them
Good luck with your car hooker and enjoy
I just use the Bluetooth but that doesn't give you track info but hay ho it's better than complaining and wasting time of work getting car in and out of dealer seeing most don't even know how to even work the r/link ,