ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clio ipod

jus got a 54 plate clio!! :D wana link up my ipod. i know this is a dumb-ass qu but how do u remove the head unit? i can c 4 holes but are they screws or wot?

Thanks, Tom

Ziel Nurburgring

Nah, there univeral tools. look like a U that goes into the HU and undoes a lock/spring. A very couple of small screwdrivers should do it.

What you hooking the ipod upto?

Ziel Nurburgring

If its the standard clio HU, your not going to be very lucky as it wont connect to squat. The Ipod needs a USB/Firewire connection, cant see a way your going to get that to work, Best off investing in a nice MP3 playing HU unless anyone knows different

Skoda Fabia vRS

did you honestly think a Renault OE headunit would have an Aux in, most £200 head units dont have it!

the Renault HU doesnt even have a pre out, you can get £60 cd players now that have that !

My mates in the US at the moment and can get us a cheap IPod

£150 for the mini and £220 for the 40 gig one. Anyone know if they are that good? And probably more importantly rugged as Ive brok 4 mini disk players up to now.

No other cheaper head unit? Ive got the Renault CD changer so would be handly to be able to keep it.

Get an iLink for you iPod. Basically you plug it into the bottom of your Pod and tune your radio in to its frequency, so theres no wires and not a huge amount of sound quality loss of you get a good signal.

Mate at work has one, great little things!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I use an iTrip on my 40gb iPod.

It rocks, just set it to 87.5 and tune the radio into it, Ive not had any problems with it as yet.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 07 September 2004

My mates in the US at the moment and can get us a cheap IPod

£150 for the mini and £220 for the 40 gig one. Anyone know if they are that good? And probably more importantly rugged as Ive brok 4 mini disk players up to now.

No other cheaper head unit? Ive got the Renault CD changer so would be handly to be able to keep it.
Edde you can get various cases for them ranging from silicone skins to metal armour type ones so it can be made pretty safe.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I wouldnt buy the dension kit.

reviews I seen slate it with comments such as "nice idea poorly implemented"

Notice most of those reviews all relate to a kenwood unit.... Seen plenty of good reviews in cars like BMWs, Audis etc. Im just source a palce that will ship one of these o/s for my 172 Mk1

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 08 September 2004

I wouldnt buy the dension kit.

reviews I seen slate it with comments such as "nice idea poorly implemented"
Ive seen all of these bad reviews for it and theres one thing i have to say about it. All these reviews were for V1.0

V1.1 is out now and they have fixed lodas of things such as the ipod not turning on etc. (main problem) so everything is fixed and proof is that my mate who runs it in his mini has absolutely no problems whatsoever. Its perfect now.

Ta, Andy

BRUN -

no, i didnt expect the clio HU to have aux in. but 4 sum reason my m8 thort it mite, so i lookt 2 b sure.

got my eye on a sony HU with aux in £180

Tom

COOLSPOT, that was a great game!

Haha, takes me back. Used to play it on the amiga 600, that broke, and a couple of years, i got a amiga 1200 off ebay, think i may have to get that out again! Connect it to my network i have setup i think! Amigas are still pretty cool to have today too!

Just not 3D cards or surround sound! haha

And i agree with a FM modulator idea, i have one for my minidisk to use. Works nicely.

To save some money why not purchase an fm modulator, this connects in to the aerial leadand needs a 12v supply then just tune the renault radio to the modulator. You will need an rca to mini headphone jack lead to connect i pod to modulator.