ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio repairs - Update..

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

As most of u know, my brand new 2 week old 1.2 Dynamique was rear ended at the beginning of April... Car is STILL in the bodyshop as insurance managed to lose the quote. doh!! Been in a Ka and Corsa courtesy car til today, but the other insurance company has taken back the hire car because my car is taking too long to get sorted. GRRRR

Also, someone tried to break into my Clio in the bodyshop.... They said they were caught though and did no real damage.

Also got a letter from the guy that hit mes insurance company saying they were going to claim for uninsured losses from me as accident was down to my negligence???????? (he hit me ffs!)

Anyway I should *hopefully* have my car back in a week or 2.....

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

the letter said they were claiming for uninsured losses

Had letters from both my insurance and his last month saying it was his fault, and havent heard anything else?? Its his fault as he ploughed into the back of me in town.

rear end shunts are near impossible to escape blame for, i have only had 1 case in 6 years where the driver that was driven into was found to be at fault.

those letters are standard i get loads every week and basically ignore them all.

if they have taken the car back it will be because in their eyes car should have been repaired by now, one thing i would say is that no insurer would pay out for a hire car if they didnt accept blame, you will be able to claim whats called loss of use of your car, try them for around £10 a day.

also though ask the bodyshop to explain who it was that was caught trying to break into your clio, sounds well fishy to me

I would be checking all things that were in the car and asking for my car to be colour coded for free as a "sorry"

Sound odd but whatever happens make sure you do the following:

1. Ensure they accept full liability for the accident

2. Make sure the repair job is spot on!!

The last (and hopefully only) time i had a car in for a repair at a body shop it cost the ins. compay near £3k and when i started complaining about the shody job i got nowhere... :(

172 no more :(

Hope you got your car back in a reasonable time, mine has been with Renault for 12 weeks now and still no sign of when Ill get it back :(

172 no more :(

Does anyone know who, at Renault HQ, I should send my complaints to with regards to the excessive amount of time that the Renault Dealer is taking to repair my car ?