ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new clio TODAY, no engine cover...

clio 200 F4Rt

hi guys,

picked up my inferno 182 cup today. had a good look at it, but didnt bother to pop the bonnet before leaving. i did so when i got home, to discover the engine had no plastic cover on it.

so i got on the blower to the salesman, he said he would go check and get back to me. he did so, and said it shouldnt have one, as they dont have them anymore.

i think this is bull, but then things might of changed. now...

do i 1) go in and demand one? or 2) not be too bothered, as i am gonna order a k-tec carbon item anyways!

anyone who got a NEW 182 today, can you check for me! cheers

106 GTi

I thought the cup didnt have one? The autocar pics in there review / test didnt have one.

My normal 182 I got today does.

P

peterh2

The Cups dont have the covers only the regular 172s / 182s do. ;)

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 01 March 2005
<!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->Whats the point in them anyway...?Can anyone comment on ANY protection it offers to us full fat drivers?<SCRIPT language=javascript></SCRIPT>

It looks pretty for those who stare at the big noisey buzzing thing?

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine is in the boot. Funny thing is the garage logged that as a fault when they did the 12k service. lol

Clio 197

..... and I cant believe I paid almost £100 for a new one, after a spray job went wrong...

Yes, I know... Im a dumass.

clio 200 F4Rt

excellent, cheers for your replys guys!! i can sleep easy tonight!!!

tho, the comments about them rattling, do the carbon k-tec covers do that too??

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

my original one almost fell off! lol...well the oil cap cover did and out of the 4 bolts holding the cover on only 2 remained! haha dont ya just love reno :p

182_blue i thought your post was one of the brand new 182s sorry (only looked at the photo and not the poster). an oil leak on the first day and i think youd want someone at renault to be taken in the chunks.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Whats the point in them anyway...?

Can anyone comment on ANY protection it offers to us full fat drivers?
It doesnt protect it at all, its just there to add weight and look pretty...but imho I prefer the look of the engine without the cover on

Clio MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 02 March 2005

Whats the point in them anyway...?

Can anyone comment on ANY protection it offers to us full fat drivers?
It doesnt protect it at all, its just there to add weight and look pretty...but imho I prefer the look of the engine without the cover on

what does it look like with out the cover??

Embarrassed to say

No cover with mine. Just noticed though the 2 stripes underneath the numberplate and renault sport sign are missing. Apart from this its excellent.

Quote: Originally posted by Baz 172 on 02 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 02 March 2005Quote: Originally posted by omar on 01 March 2005 <!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->Whats the point in them anyway...?Can anyone comment on ANY protection it offers to us full fat drivers?[/QUOTE]It doesnt protect it at all, its just there to add weight and look pretty...but imho I prefer the look of the engine without the cover onwhat does it look like with out the cover?? [/QUOTE]

http://alpinerenault.free.fr/magazine/magazineimages/photorsclio2016vragnotti08.jpg

Banana

fmp- are you the fmp that used to have the white rally sl*g vts?

if so, another ssc mutineer has left the dark side;)!!

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 02 March 2005

182_blue i thought your post was one of the brand new 182s sorry (only looked at the photo and not the poster). an oil leak on the first day and i think youd want someone at renault to be taken in the chunks.
no, but at only a few months old and 5k miles i still wasnt happy at having nearly 1k worth of engine rebuild being done on it

Save weight????, cost on that one is far more that weight, what 0.5 KG at most!!!!!. It would ammount to a persons large belt buckle;)

Cost only :) weight is naff all, its impercievable.

clio 200 F4Rt

Rufstuf - yes mate, the same fmp, but i didnt used to have VTS, i still got VTS!!! its becoming a pure track car now tho, taking it off the road etc!!

Cup doesnt have the engine cover. Period.

Ex demo probably had it fitted to impress customers. Actually it was probably there to keep the engine warm as it will have been raped from cold every day :sick:

No offence - thats a different subject