ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Trophy Dampers

Some of you may be interested to know that the original Clio Trophy dampers have now been superceded with dampers as used by the Twingo R1 rally car. These dampers are better built than the originals and provide the same level of damping as before. Renault dealerships are now offering these dampers as the offical replacements for the the Trophy with the part numbers 77 111 67 414 and 77 111 67 413 for anything up to £1400 each. However, I have been in contact with the official Renaultsport rally parts supplier and they are selling these for £762 each. Now I understand that these are still pretty expensive but they are willing to give a discount of 5% for a group buy order for 5 or more pairs.

Currently, there are questions surrounding the longevity of refurbished dampers with a number of Trophy owner experiencing premature failures in a short amount of time whilst, though it has to be said, others have no issues at all.

If you are interested you can find more details here and add yourself to the list:
http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/s...ible-group-buy-on-the-Sachs-Twingo-R1-dampers

007.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I currently have 2 sets of originals with one set in the garage and one on the car BUT im looking at getting these also.