ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Williams??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
  GTD, Lupo
Just saw on the front of auto express I think it was something about the new Clio Williams.

Little confusing as the pic looked like the Photoshop they did of the new gen Clio sport but it has REN 133 plates on it which are from the twingo photo. Inside it said it will be 220 bhp.

Any one got any info on this or just a load of rubbish AGAIN?

Paul

Suzuki Ignis Sport
car_photo_389236_12.jpg

GTD, Lupo
Looks like the next generation clio to me, due out 2011?

Think it has been put on hold now till 2013 which is also confusing. It also mentioned it will come with and without cup packs but that seems a little strange as its a sportier model and you think would only come as is.

Paul

GTD, Lupo
Taken from another forum from RUK member:

Jeremy RUK said:
The article doesn't contain any factual information. The current Clio 3 will be still on sale well into 2012

And rest!

Paul

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
And why a Clio Williams? They only did the Clio as Renault supplied engines to them in the 90's. Renault, afaik have no tie in with Williams any more!

M135i
And why a Clio Williams? They only did the Clio as Renault supplied engines to them in the 90's. Renault, afaik have no tie in with Williams any more!

So true.

Having said that, there's a rumour that Williams are going to switch from Cosworth engines to Renault engines from next year. But I doubt that's a factor in this.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't get how AE can get away with some of the stuff they make up for their front page!

Oh how i've laughed at 4x4 focus cosworths and Fiesta RS' over the years!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I don't get how AE can get away with some of the stuff they make up for their front page!

Oh how i've laughed at 4x4 focus cosworths and Fiesta RS' over the years!

They're a tabloid publication. If they wanted to print that a AMG Smart was coming out, with Benz's Biturbo V12... they'd print it.

White clique
I dont think they should bring it out. Yes there is a heratige with the Williams, but it hit chav territory years ago, and would be the same as Ford bringing out a new XR3i

i quite like the baby mini :eek: the clio just looks tweaked from the original rumors lets face it we know their will be a ff an cup at some point ;)

Stagecoach Ticket
LOL Chris!

99% sure its a load of s**t but if reno do bring out a new williams there massive nob ends!

Status
Not open for further replies.