ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Discs and pads on 172 Cup

Clio 172 cup
Hi all
Need to change the factory fitted discs and pads on the front and back of my RS 172 Cup
Can anyone suggest which dics and pads to choose?
I won't be using the car on the track and need to keep to my small budget without compromising performance
Thanks
IOWCup

Defo Brembo HC discs. They look the same as standard, and dont cost too much either.

As for pads, I would recommend DS2500s or Mintex 1144s, but they a bit overkill for your use. Have a look at the Ferodo DS pads, think they are much cheaper than DS2500s.

If I was you I'd stick with standard all round. The Ferodo made Renault OEM pads are £43.47 a set retail prices.

Fine for road & track use in my experience and seriously cheap.

Renaultsport Clio 182
i dont track mine but i live near mountain roads so give it some stick now & then. i went for Brembo HC discs. Ferodo DS2500 pads and braided lines with Dot 5.1 fluid. that lot cost me just over £200 about 18 months ago and i'd def recommend them.

the DS2500's do give a tiny bit of squeal here & there whereas i've been told the Mintex 1144's are vitually silent (cant comment on that myself). all i know is the DS2500's are tried & tested so i cant see me going with anything else from now on

doubt that very much - not with bearings & ABS rings already fitted they wont be!

Nope he's right, can't remember the exact price of the top of my head but I'm sure its around the £120-30 mark for a pair from the big R. They have recently come down in price and represent great value!

Mk7 Golf, Daytona600
they quoted me £114 from Renault and then gave me 10% off due to being a member here :D

Only bought them last week

Lionel Richie
£115 from the dealership, ANY DEALERSHIP! so k-tec are erm, a bit steep (or just haven't changed their price yet)

Nissan 350z
Not to mention Auto-Nation are selling front pairs of Brembo HC Discs for £56 delivered *link* which is another saving of £30 on the above Ktec price.

Clio 172 cup
Cheers chaps...went for Renault in the end as they offered me a 30% discount for news discs and pads all round....