ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New EBC brakes fitted (inc. some pics)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well, after finally getting the rear bearings delivered, and the ABS rings kindly donated by Stevie and fitted to the new rear discs - yesterday had the 182 with some new anchors on. :cool:

The actual fitting was mainly down to StevieGreenstuff and me dad. I did a few impressions of looking busy while cleaning up the grubby calipers and jacking the car up as and when needed. Apart from that, I was an excellent supervisor (LOL!) and somehow ended up with a black tash from brake dust and would have been well suited to a member of the Village People. Anyways, without the help of these two - there would be no way that the job would have got done. Thanks again, chaps! :D

I'm generally taking it easy with the car for a while, but already the stopping power is a massive improvement over the ones I had before. Rather than worrying about me not hitting the car in front, I'm now more concerned if the car behind can stop in time.

Here's a couple of pics - and with deeeerty wheels after I'd only cleaned the mofos yesterday!

Front disc....

DSCN3043.jpg

Rear disc.....

DSCN3046.jpg

I'm really liking the non-hub-cap look. I think I may just stick with it for a while!

DSCN3047.jpg

I was going to wash it again today, but that would have been the 3rd time in one week. I don't think even Rich is that obsessive.... ;)

D.

ph1 172... Sold:(
The real hero was a guy called Morris who, as an old friend of my father-in-law, was only too happy to let me walk into his engineering unit, and make happy use of his machine press. No payment required, just swapped a few motoring stories.

Turned out the guy used to own a couple of Ferrari's which he was often caught 'maintaining' on his ex employers time.

"Well" he explained, "Its all us motoring enthusiasts can do to keep each other on the road, innit?"

Top Guy!

Darren they look ace, I'm well jealous, and slightly infuriated after the debacle I went through.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
nice, but id put the end caps back on the hubs mate if your going to leave the centre caps off :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
nice, but id put the end caps back on the hubs mate if your going to leave the centre caps off :)

I may just try that - see how they look?

Vinny - early days yet m8 - hopefully they will only improve from their great performance so far!

Ste - I must admit - the grooved discs would look superb on the 172's 15" up front. Maybe an idea for the future, eh?!

D.

Shhh
u got ebc all round,

i have ebc green front pads, brembo disks, standard rear disks, normal ferodo rear pads and i dont find breaking a problem, just sometimes i think they could be better.

maybe ive just driven it for 46,000miles to many in the past 2 1/2 years.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
u got ebc all round,

i have ebc green front pads, brembo disks, standard rear disks, normal ferodo rear pads and i dont find breaking a problem, just sometimes i think they could be better.

maybe ive just driven it for 46,000miles to many in the past 2 1/2 years.

Yes m8, EBC discs (turbo grooved, or something as equally as cheesey) and EBC Redstuff pads all round too.

D.

ph1 172... Sold:(
what was the cost.

£340 for the brakes then another £70 for the two new rear bearings.

Labour and fitting was paid for in cups of coffee and various biccies.... ;)

D.

Actually it was 1 bacon sanger, and 1 Fox's Classic, 3 cups of tea and a McBreakfast before starting.

Actually i reckon your Dad could've got away with doing alot less considering his outpatient status (staples were popping out of his shoulder!)